Pages

Friday, August 23, 2024

The Challenge | Season 40 Episode 2 - "The Era Invitational, Part 2"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

Back for another great episode of The Challenge Season 40!

I must say, they really are doing everything to make this season as iconic as possible - as they should! Not only the Era's theme is already so exciting but they had a great challenge last episode and in this unprecedented episode we had only eliminations. 1 hour full of the most iconic eliminations in Challenge history with some of the most iconic players! If this isn't a great start to a new season, I don't know what is.

So, they completely jump the whole debate thing and the decision and we get straight into the elimination. However, they did something that they have never done before again, they showed some 'flashbacks' from what happened after deliberation in between the eliminations, which was good to spice things up and made it for a not so boring episode (because, let's be honest, what we really want to see are the challenges and eliminations).

Let's go through Eras then... 

Era I ended up being Katie against Aneesa and Mark against Derrick, which was sort of predictable. It didn't keep Aneesa from being mad at Rachel though... And their elimination was Pole Wrestle - a good old iconic elimination. Oh yeah, I completely forgot to mention that this elimination was made out of the 4 most iconic eliminations from the challenge - one for each Era - so Balls In, Pole Wrestle, Hall Brawl and Take Shelter (the one that CT lost against Jay). This was a pretty exciting elimination because we thought it would be easy but oh boy, not really! Yes, Aneesa ended up winning, but Katie put up such a good fight that everyone, me included, were shocked! And the same goes for Mark and Derrick although, Derrick ended up winning which ultimately, was the one that I wanted to win! Honestly, as of now, my money is on three guys to win this whole season and Derrick is one of them. I would actually love for someone from Era I to win just to show that they might be old, but they're still the strongest ones.

Anyway, moving on to Era II, I would say this was the least exciting elimination game (just because it isn't as physical) but everyone played at the same time and there was a lot on the line so it was Cara Maria against KellyAnne and Ryan against Brandon. Obviously I was rooting for Ryan and Ryan ended up winning but, as for the girls, I was pretty torn. I don't necessarily love either of them and part of me was rooting for KellyAnne just because she's the underdog but I also didn't want Laurel to get her way so I wanted Cara to win...  Well, Cara did win at the end so... I guess that's fine. I don't like how Bananas is positioning himself in the game right now so I hope that changes but (spoilers for Era III) with Leroy gone and Tony slightly mad that Bananas was cheering for Leroy so much... I don't know if Bananas is allining himself with the people that I like, but we'll see.

I've mentioned Era III already so you know that Leroy ended up going against Tony and that Leroy lost. This was actually a pretty fair fight. They played Balls In and they have the same physic but Tony was just too strong and honestly, I was rooting for Tony the most. I just feel like his time last season (All Stars season) was cut short and he wasn't able to show what he's capable off and Leroy was supposed to win that All Stars season so... I really want Tony to go far this season. As for the girls, it was Amanda against Nia and it went as we thought it would, sort of. Amanda did manage to score a point but just because Nia wasn't paying attention. Then, Nia just ran over Amanda and she totally beat her. As she should (thank god Amanda is gone).

Lastly, but certainly not least, Era IV was the most epic I would say. Not for the best reasons though because Nurys went against Olivia on an Hall Brawl and lost but because Paulie went against Theo and Theo won! Theo won against Paulie! That was priceless! I'm sad that Nurys is gone though, I really thought she could go far but Horacio and Kyland are still in the game and those are my other two guys that I think can win this whole season. Right now, without knowing a lot, just based on skills (and who I like, let's be honest) I would say Derrick, Horacio or Kyland will win this season. And I'm totally fine with either of them.

But the elimination didn't end here. Everyone went back to the house apart from the ones that were eliminated and TJ introduced something new - the Karma vote. Basically the ones eliminated had to rank from 1 to 5 the remaining members of their respective Era and that will play a part in the future. What, I have no idea, but this makes things interesting. Also, we still don't know how the challenges will play from now on and how the eliminations will be because these were some different eliminations so there's still a lot to figure out. And from what we've seen in the preview those karma votes will switch things up in the game in the future (something tells me they will make new teams, but I hope I'm wrong, honestly). There's still so much to look forward to and I can't wait. I'm sad a lot of my favourite players went home but I still have a lot of people in the game that I like - Bananas, CT, Derrick, Devin, Horacio, Jenny, Kyland, Tony... so many! I'm excited!

So far this season is looking promising so tell me your thoughts on this eliminations only episode - were you surprised by any of the winners? did any of your favourites went home? Tell me everything in the comments and I'll talk to you next week with a brand new episode!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment