Pages

Friday, August 30, 2024

The Challenge | Season 40 Episode 3 - "A Fatal Era"


Spoiler Alert!

Hey everyone!

Another great episode of Season 40 of The Challenge! This one brought us a ton of those great moments and great things that we look foward to in an episode, starting with eating challenges and ending with a ton of plot twists.

So, I guess we did get a little bit of a introduction to the episode but I would say we jumped straight into the main challenge and the first thing the teams had to do was choose two captains (a male and a female) for each team. TJ didn't tell them what that entitled, not until the end of the challenge, so they had to make a blind choice. They almost went with the ones that won the last elimination but Aneesa wasn't having none of it and I didn't really see anyone else pushing forward with that idea so they just kind of did it randomly. So, for Era I we've got Jodi and Darrell as the captains, Era II we got Derek and Aviv, Era III Tony and Avery and Era IV Kaycee and Kyland.

This week's challenge was pretty exciting! Again, a challenge with multiple parts and that gave us a bit of everything - initally a bit of strenght and coordination with them rowing around the island, then they moved to a good old eating challenge and, this time, I was happy to see that they got vegan options for those that are vegan (as someone who doesn't eat meat, I've always wondered about that, so it's nice to see that they're thinking about that now) and lastly the third part of the challenge was sort of a memory game with them having to put all 40 seasons in order. 

For some reason, I had a feeling this was Era III's so win, and that's what happened. I was pretty happy because both Tony and Avery are some of my favourites, but then Era I got last place and even though Jodi isn't really someone that I root for, I do like Darrell. And then we had Kyland on Era IV that I also didn't want to see up for possible elimination, but all of this changed when we got to the 'Deliberation'.

I didn't really knew that well that Avery and Derek were really big friends (even before The Challenge) so that started a whole thing. Avery wanted to protect Derek but Tony wanted to make a deal with Kyland and Kaycee so they didn't get to a decision and you can guess where that led them, right?! It was up in the air for most of the episode but, at the end of the day, neither of them made a decision and so they went straight into elimination. Definitely not the best case scenario and, even though I love Tony, I have to be on Avery's side for this one. Avery is friends with Derek while Tony has no alliegance to anyone and any of those people. I love Kyland as well but he should've been the one going into elimination and now knowing what the elimination was, I was pretty certain he would've won.

Anyway, so it was Avery and Tony against Jodi and Darrell but, in reality, this was an individual elimination so it was just Avery against Jodi and Darrell against Tony, in a challenge that was pretty physical but it had a lot of thinking as well. And I guess it ended in the best way it could've. Darrell and Avery won! Again, I love Tony, but he was so dumb with his choice so he totally deserved to go home. It's not even a girl power thing (even though I'm all for girl power and Avery just making a point) but it's just dumb to think that she would go against her real life friend... Anyway... So Tony went home and, because karma is a b*tch, Avery won so... Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this outcome. But the excitement doesn't end here.

The episode ended with TJ throwing us another twist - the winners of the elimination pick targets from each team (two targets, a male and a female), and these targets will be the 'captains' for the next challenge which means we already know who's up for elimination overall. Darrell chose the females for each Era and Avery the males and, in the end, this was what they went with: Era I - Derrick and Aneesa; Era II - Laurel and Bananas; Era III - Jordan and Nia; Era IV - Horacio and Jenny. So, with this lineup, it will definietely be a great elimination regardless of who's winning and who's going straight into elimination. These are all really strong players and as far as the girls go, I would say Nia is the one with a bit more trouble but the guys! Damn! Derrick, Bananas, Jordan, Horacio, these are all such strong guys! I'm scared for Horacio, not gonna lie, mainly because all the others have the experience but maybe Era IV will win the main challenge and he will be safe. And speaking of main challenge, next episode is TRIVIA DAY! And I'm so excited about that! I love physical challenges but I always get so excited when it's Trivia Day so let's bring it!

Again, so far so good so let's keep this going! I'm loving this Season and my TOP 3 is still in the game so we'll see... Don't forget to let me know what you thought of this episode - Do you agree with what Tony did? Or are you on Avery's side? Tell me everything and I'll speak with you next week!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment