Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2024

The Challenge | Season 40 Episode 4 - "My Trivia Era"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

Back for another episode of The Challenge Season 40. Unfortunately, this wasn't as good of an episode. I mean, it didn't end that badly, but a few things p*ssed me off a little bit. And I guess I'll just start with that.

I already knew going into this episode that something was about to go down with Horacio. I've heard rumors that Horacio was going to retire from The Challenge partly because he wants to focus on his Football carreer and partly because he feels like his elimination was rigged. Well, when I've heard about this, I had no idea that he was going into elimination in this episode but after, while watching this episode, I figured this would be it. So, not only this episode wasn't that big of a surprise but also it was rigged. 

So, backtracking a little bit... I was actually super stoked for this episode because it was Trivia Day! And I love me some trivia. I don't necessarily love when it's only about The Challenge, I like real trivia about the world, but that's fine. This one though was fully about The Challenge but it was played in a points format so it was interesting. I was a bit let down that Era IV finished last (having in mind that Kyland is on that Team, but I guess he's more well rounded on world stuff and not so much on Challenge stuff) and that meant that both Horacio and Jenny were going into elimination right away. And that's where my suspicions about him going home in this episode started.

Then the game went on for quite a while with both Era II and Era III being tied and having to fo into Sudden Death. Ultimately Era II won which meant Bananas was safe but also meant Laurel was safe, and I despise Laurel! I've always disliked Laurel but now I dislike her so much to the point that I'm becoming a fan of Cara Maria! Like, that's how much Laurel has been p*ssing me off in this past seasons.

Moving on to the 'deliberation', obviously I wanted Jordan and Nia to go into elimination because I don't necesarily like either of them and I quite like Derrick and Aneesa, and Johnny was all for sending Jordan into elimination but Laurel wasn't having none of it and Bananas didn't want to pull a Tony so he let Laurel decide so... Derrick and Aneesa it was.

(I honestly really wanted Bananas to say f*ck you to Laurel and send themselves into elimination against Horacio and Jenny, I was pretty confident that Bananas could win against Horacio, but knowing now what the elimination was, I'm not so sure)

This made things a lot more difficult for me in terms of who I was rooting for because, if you have been reading my posts, you know that both Horacio and Derrick were on my TOP 3 of who I thought could win (along with Kyland). But ultimately I was rooting for Jenny and I guess I was rooting for Horacio just because I didn't want the rumors to be true but... Guess what?! They were!

So the woman's elimination was pretty tight but Jenny ended up winning in the end, but the man one was even closer, to the point that when they finished, they didn't know who won. To me, it was clear that Horacio had won, but you already know what the outcome was. Derrick ended up winning and now I totally agree with Horacio saying that this elimination was rigged. It was clear that Horacio had won, and if they wanted us to believe otherwise they should have done a better editing job! Like it was totally visible that Horacio got all those things in place first and that Derrick had one missing in the corner like, what the hell?!

Anyway... I'm happy for Derrick because I also like him but this left a bitter taste in my mouth. And after seeing the preview for the next episode... It just made me really mad.

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention - again, they had to choose targets so the targets they chose were the following - Era I: CT and Tina (both volunteered); Era II: Emily (volunteered) and Nehemiah; Era III: Tori (Volunteered) and Devin; Era IV: Olivia (Volunteered) and Kyland. So my takeaway with this is that men are scared of CT (basically) and that all the woman are way more confident than the men. Also, this lineup isn't as strong as the previous one but it also doesn't have as many players that I like so I guess I'm hoping Era IV wins the challenge and that Era II and Era III go into elimination... I do like Emily and CT and Tina is funny (so that's why I don't want them to go into elimination) but the only one that I really like is Kyland so I hope he's safe.

And I guess that's it from me for this episode. An episode that wasn't had bad when it comes to its outcome but one that really made me bitter for what they did with Horacio.

Don't forget to let me know your opinion on this whole Horacio thing and I'll talk to you next week with a brand new episode.

Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment