Pages

Monday, May 8, 2023

The Flash | Season 9 Episode 8-10


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

I know, I know... This time I've really messed up and I didn't post for a whole month (or more, I can't even remember) and so, because of that, because I've missed two posts already, I decided to just rant about the last three episodes all in just one post - I hope you don't mind. So, I have a lot to get through so let's get to it!

Episode 8 was a whole mess! I don't remember a lot from that episode (I guess I blocked a lot of it because it was that bad) but I remember that it was about Barry and Iris being trapped in the STAR Labs with a few DOE agents and then, when they realize what happened, they get trapped in a time loop until they figure out who stole a time magnet. The whole thing was so cliché and felt like a recycled storyline.

This season we've had them stuck in the same day, Iris trapped in a dream and now them trapped in a time loop?! It just felt like more of the same and, right away, I was so uninterested.

Everything became even worst when they figure out who did steal the time magnet and it all came down to the person that didn't know the name of a particular thing (don't ask me what because I don't remember it). Barry then is able to convince her to restore the time magnet and be arrested instead of dying and so the time loop stops. That was it for episode 8 - really underwhelming. Luckily, things got better so let's move on to Episode 9.

Episode 9 was the one I was most excited about - Stephen Amell's come back as Arrow! And I'm so happy that Oliver was there for real! 

The way the episode started really looked like it was going to be something set in a dream or it was just an illusion (because it was all about Ramsey Rosso messing with Barry again) but gladly it wasn't 'fake'. Basically Ramsey 'possessed' Wally and Wally killed Barry. But before Barry really died, in a 'purgatory' world, he met with Oliver who helps Barry accept the guilt he feels and then resurrects Barry. But not just that! In order to help him defeat Ramsey, Oliver also comes back to the real world and Barry, Oliver, Diggle and Wally both fight Ramsey to restore the multiverse! Everything was really emotional and having Oliver back, even if just for one episode made everything worth it! 

The latest episode, Episode 10, was the beginning of a new storyline, the ending one and, after that last episode I really wasn't hopeful. I really thought having Oliver in the episode was the peak for this season and, even though Episode 10 wasn't the best, I'm gald I was wrong and this new story looks pretty interesting. It's just unfortunate that it took them 9 episodes to get to the actual storyline they wanted to pursue this season... What a waste of 8 episodes...

But anyway, this last episode sees Barry travel back in time to the day his mother dies. As you can imagine, this episode was really nostalgic, with a lot of references to the first seasons, which was great! Barry goes to Joe for help and, for the first time, Barry seems really careful with everything he does so he won't mess up the timeline. Unfortunately Joe can't really help and when he goes to someone else he's attacked by Thawne - yes, Thawne again. That's when his parents help him, not knowing who he really his, and take him to the hospital and later they all have dinner together. It's after all of that that Barry meets with Thawne and the later gloats about Barry not being able to stop his plan of killing younger Barry. 

After a few things happen, Barry participates in the fight in which Thawne kills Nora and we have one of the coolest scenes with a ton of Barrys from different timelines and with the 'present day' Barry warning one of the other ones to not interfere. Afterwards, Barry tells Thawne that he has made peace with Nora's death and is transported away again.

The episode ends with someone that looks like Eddie Thawne being struck by lightning and finding a file about Eddie's death, wondering who he really is.

As I said, this final episodes look like are going to bring something interesting and I did like both episode 9 and 10 and loved all the nostalgic bits and references to ealy seasons, so let's hope the remaining 3 episodes are just as good as this past ones and hopefully it's not about Thawne again because, although he is one of the best villains The Flash has ever had, I'm tired of being always about him. Also, Zoom hasn't appeared yet so... Let's see how he comes back and how everything ties in.

Well, that's it from me and again I'm sorry for not posting for so long. Hopefully you're still interested in my thoughts and I really didn't want to just stop posting, not when there's one three episodes left. With saying that, let me know your thoughts on the last episodes and what are your predictions for the next three episodes!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment