Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2023

The Flash | Season 9 Episode 13 - "A New World, Part Four"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

So here it is... The final episode of The Flash! 

I wish I brought you an amazing rant and I wish I was excited about this ending but... That isn't the case. 

As expected, the finale of The Flash was just like the remaining of the season (and the past few seasons) - just average (if not kinda bad). The thing is, they rushed everything so much! I get it, they had a ton of storylines to wrap up, but I guess they should have thought about that in the previous episodes. This episode should have been exciting and so unpredictable and, apart from one little detail, it was just more of the same... Same rushed plots, same lame conclusions and same focus on all the other characters that you don't care so much about...

The beginning of the episode was actually pretty exciting, with Eddie - now Cobalt Blue - resurrecting Thawne, Zoom, Savitar and Godspeed, all the past villains. Well, needless to say that I was pretty excited about Zoom's comeback but all of that was shortlived. They are all defeated by the halfway point and the remaining of the episode is focused on tying up loose ends. I mean, I liked having Zoom back and, as much as I was tired of everything being about Thawne, I also liked having Tom Cavanagh back for one final episode.

And, in true The Flash fashion, Barry defeats Eddie by talking him out of it. I guess it is true what the show has always been, right? So Barry convinces Eddie/the Negative Speed Force to coexist and Eddie destroys the crystal. 

The next morning Nora is born and the most surprising thing of this episode - Khione ascends as the natural order's protector and as she does so she returns her body to Caitlin so yes, Caitlin is back! That was indeed surprising and was what made the episode better for me.

One week later Joe asks Cecile to marry him (which was kind of odd because I didn't even realize they weren't married yet) and Barry unleashes a lightning bolt and chooses Avery Ho, Max Mercury and Jess Chambers as new speedsters. And that's how the series end...

Personally, it was really unfilfilling... I wanted something more shocking! And as much as people might have said that it could be copying Arrow, I wish the show had ended on a 'worst' note, maybe with Barry still vanishing. They have been hinting at that throughout the whole show, and I know it was supposed to happen in crisis, but they could still make it happen and that would have been a full circle moment but... Okay...

Let me know what you thought of the series finale - Did you like it? Was it what you were expecting? What was the most surprising thing that happened? Tell me everything you thought on this finale and... Well, I guess I'll see you on a The Challenge rant or maybe on a brand new show rant... Who knows... Until then...

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment