Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2023

The Challenge: USA | Season 2 Episode 1 - "The Riskiest Season Yet"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Long time no see right?! Well, since the last episode of The Flash ended there just hasn't been any new shows that I would like to cover here on the blog nor there hasn't been any new episodes of The Challenge - until now!

That's right, The Challenge is back - and back with their spin-off The Challenge: USA. And this new season is extra special because they brought some inforcements. (Well, I guess their last season didn't have a lot of views so they had to bring players over from the MTV version - aka The Vets). Of course I'm thrilled with this because it means my favourite is back - Bananas! And let's be honest, a season with Bananas in it is always more fun. However, surprinsingly, throughout this episode I found myself rooting mostly for the rookies and 'underdogs', which is interesting.

The downside of this season though is that it also brought back a ton of my least favourite players - Josh, Fessy, Amanda and even freaking Paulie is back... Ugh!! Seriously, a lot of these players are insufferable and I can't stand a lot of them, I'm just hoping that a lot of the new ones are good and interesting enough to overshadow all of these people that I don't like. But enough talking about the players, let's get to the actual game!

Everything started with picking Teams and, unfortunately, I have to talk about the players again because somehow all of the Teams have at least one of those guys that I don't like, which makes it really hard to root for one Team in particular. And the worst part is that Bananas' Team is the worst, with both Josh and Paulie in it... Ugh! I guess, as of now, I'm mostly rooting for Desi's Team, which only has Amanda out of the people that I don't like (it also has Wes in it but honestly, I'm okay with Wes now... He has become more of a joke to me, the fact that he's just so good at everything)

Anyway, after picking Teams and getting into the house and having a welcoming party, it was time for the first challenge - a pretty standard one with them carrying some heavy statues and solving some puzzles. Basic. 

Team Blue ended up winning which is not awful (even though I hated what Tori and Cory did after the challenge, when it was time to nominate people from the other teams). And speaking of nominations, the twist of this season - the loosing Teams will vote for who they want to go into elimination but the votes will be secret! Honestly, I just loved that twist! That not only keeps the game from being rigged but also allows people to make bolder moves, which is what we like to see in the game! And that's what Jonna did right in this first episode - they all agreed to vote for a guy on the opposite team but guess what?! Jonna voted not only for a woman but also someone from her own team - Michelle. I sort of like Michelle but I have to stick with Jonna because that's how you play the game and that's why I really want the rookies to, for once, succeed in sending the vets home, or at least try, because I feel like most of the time they're just afraid to do something, and with secret votes, they don't need to be afraid. It is revealed at the end though, that we do find out who got votes and how many, but you never find out who voted for who, so you just have to keep your mouth shut and play your game in a smart way.

And that's basically what we got in this first episode. We only see who the winning team nominates - Ameerah and Luis (who are voted because Tori and Cory manipulated everyone) and the episode ends after TJ revealed who got voted and how many (out of the other two teams). 

A new episode will air tomorrow so you'll have another rant pretty soon and hopefully there's more twists and turns! 

As of now, let me know what you thought of this episode - the cast, the twists and how the game has been played so far. Tell me everything in the comments and I'll talk to you really soon!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment