Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 1 - "Inmate 4587"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
I am finally here with the rant of Arrow's new season!
Well, I have to say, I was quite scared of this episode. After Supernatural's season premiere, which I didn't like, I was really afraid I wasn't going to like Arrow's as well, mainly because both series have been airing for quite some time and they are basically dealing with the same issue - changing things up, and you already know how I feel about changing. Even more with two of my favorite series!
Luckily, I did enjoy this episode and I'm quite curious for the rest of the season. It looks like them changing show runners was a good thing and I'm liking where this is going.
We get into this season five months after what happened last season. We see Oliver in prison, trying to keep a low profile in order to get his sentence reduced. We also see that this is extremely difficult because, not only people keep provoking him because they all know now that he's the Green Arrow, but also because there's Diaz's associates inside the prison who also want him to loose his temper.
Meanwhile, Felicity and William try to cope with witness protection program while Diggle and ARGUS keep looking for Diaz.
Something also starts happening in Star City, or should I say, someone. A knew vigilante dressed as Green Arrow appears and takes down some arms trafficking operations. This was something interesting, one of the best things in this episode.
With Diaz still alive, I was pretty curious about who would they have as a 'bad guy' this season. Where they going to keep Diaz as the bad guy? Are they introducing another bad guy and still have Diaz around? My bet was the first thing, and I still think it's the thing that it's going to happen, but now they introduced a new element (or should I say, two) and, I don't know about you, but my first thought was that this archer guy was Roy. I was half right, I guess. We already knew that Colton Haynes was back to the show and I saw in an interview that he said that he was going to come back in a 'weird' way. Well, now that I think about it... I guess I'm a bit confused with this whole thing. Maybe they will do some intertwining with The Flash... I don't know, but I'm going to jump straight into the end because it was the most interesting part.
The episode actually ended with a 'flashback' (or so I thought). We see someone go to Lian Yu and then get captured. We then find out that Roy is in the island, he was the one who captured this guy and, turns out, this guy is none other then William! Which makes this not a flashback but a flash-forward! This is huge for Arrow because they have never done this, so I'm quite excited! At the same time, I'm confused because if William is the archer guy that his in Star City right now, as an adult, does that mean that he came to the past?! Or his this archer guy Roy? I don't know, but I hope to find out answers soon.
This archer guy also raises a lot of questions in the remaining Team Arrow. While Rene kind of trusts him and thinks that he's doing what's right (which I kind of agree), Dinah doesn't agree with Rene and is set to arrest him.
Well, and I guess that's pretty much it.
Although the beginning of the episode wasn't that great, it came around and by the end I was really excited! Loved that last 'fight scene' with Oliver in prison and then, of course, the flash-forward was something really unexpected! Congrats Arrow!
Now, let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you later with the new AHS rant (which I'm so excited about)!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment