Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 2 - "Blocked"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys and welcome to the last rant of the week!
Finally I'm all caught up on the posts so that's always nice.
I know I took a little some time with this The Flash rant but I had so many other series to watch that I had to leave one for last, and this time it was The Flash. This episode wasn't as good as the first one, in my opinion, but it was really nice. It was full of different stories and I like when every single character has their own story, even if all of them have to get together to fight the bad guys (which isn't exactly true, and we saw it in this episode).
The episode actually started with Nora telling everyone that she's not really stuck and telling everyone about what is going to happen to Barry in the future. This was something nice because I'm tired of everyone keeping secrets so this was different and I liked it.
Then, like I said before, this focused on little story-lines from each character. I guess I'm going to start with my favorite (character, I mean) - Ralph. This episode showed me why I love Ralph so much! He's too cute! In every way!
His story-line was actually connected with Cisco and Caitlin. Ralph wanted to keep searching for Caitlin's dad but Cisco was still heartbroken from Gypsy, so they started on working on some steps (made by Ralph) to get over a break-up. This was really cute and I loved it! Then, we realize that Caitlin is dealing with her own issues as well and turns out she doesn't really want to find out if her dad is still alive because if he is, it means he didn't want to see her. Then, of course, they have some talks and I guess in the end everything works out and Cisco vibes and Caitlin sees her mum signing the death certificate, or at least, that's what it looked like.
At the same time as this was happening, Barry was also dealing with Nora. He started letting her spend a lot more time with him and even help him with the case of the week - which was a meta that manipulated atoms or something and was stealing high-tech weapons. Well, I'm not getting much into the small events but they do catch her and then that's when the most interesting part happens. Cicada appears and kills this meta as well as 'steals' or 'blocks' Barry, Cisco and Ralph's powers.
Well, back in STAR Labs, Iris let them know about her own investigation and, turns out, she has been investigating this Cicada guy and it also looks like Nora knows something about him as well, so this is going to be interesting. For once, Team Flash might be a little ahead because of Nora. Also, I need to point out that, when Nora and Cicada look at each other, it looks like they know one another so, I guess we're going to find more about that in the next episode.
Okay, I guess that's it for this episode.
Let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll talk to you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment