Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Supernatural | Season 14 Episode 1 - "Stranger in a Strange Land"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
I know, I know. I'm so late with all this rants. Hopefully, I'll be able to update you all on everything by the end of the week but, for now, you're going to have to bare with me. 
Anyway, today I'm here to talk to you about the season premiere of Supernatural. Unfortunately, I don't really have good things to say about this episode. Really, it pains me to say that I didn't like this episode and this might be the first time that I don't like a Supernatural episode. I don't know what it was but a lot of things felt off and I truly believe it's the director and the writer's fault because the actors were all pretty great.
So, we learn that three weeks have passed since Michael took over Dean's body and that Michael have been asking a lot of people the question "what do you want?" in a way to see who is 'worth' or something (which we kind of learn by the end of the episode). One of the people that he goes to talk to is the angel Anael aka Jo aka Danneel (Jensen's wife) and this must have been the only thing that I liked about the episode - seeing Jensen and Danneel act together. It was nice and funny at the same time. From that, it was just downhill.
Back in the bunker, everything is different! And, I guess that's the reason why I didn't like this episode. Everything felt so off and weird. Me, as a person, I hate change. I like to stick to a routine and know what I'm supposed to do and to go and what to expect and, seeing everything in this show so different from what it used to be... I guess it just upset me. First, Sam and Dean not being 'together' was so weird. Not that this hasn't happened before, but this time I fee like it's different. Plus, there's all other things that changed in this episode (and this season) - Sam is now the leader of a hunter group or something, which also means the bunker is full of people and that is also weird. Then there's Jack who doesn't have powers anymore which is extremely weird and, there's something going on between Mary and the Bobby from the other world which... weird!
Well, I guess there was another thing that surprised me and that I quite liked about this episode - Nick still being alive. And, if you don't know who Nick is, he's the vessel that Lucifer possessed (aka Mark Pellegrino) who survived after Lucifer being killed. I don't know what this means... Maybe there's a way for Lucifer to be back? To be honest, I'm really torn about that. In one hand I king of want him back because I just like Mark playing Lucifer but, on the other hand, it's getting tired of Lucifer always getting back so... Maybe they'll stick with him dead but still have Mark around as Nick. By the way, someone else that I really want to be back is Gabriel. And, there might be a chance that he's alive because I saw some set photos of Richard Speight Jr. with Jared and Jensen so... Maybe Gabriel is alive?! It can also just be the fact that Richard directed some episodes (one of them being the next one) but I'm going to keep on believe that Gabriel is still alive because I just love him too much.
Anyway, back to the story...
In a way to try to find Dean, Castiel goes to meet with the Demon Kipling who then ambushes him in hopes of making a deal with Sam and becoming the new King of Hell. Of course, Sam goes to rescue Castiel, not alone, of course and, in the end, he's able to kill Kipling and letting all the other demons know that there won't be no more Kings of Hell, something that he will enforce and the demons accept out of fear of Sam.
So, I guess that's pretty much it for this rant.
Like I said, I didn't like it, it was too weird for my liking but, hopefully, the next one will be better, mainly because it's Richard who directed the next episode and I always like his episodes so, I have faith.
Let me know what you thought of Season 14 premiere of Supernatural and I'll see you in my next rant (which might be still today - The Challenge - but I can't promise you anything).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment