Pages

Friday, November 12, 2021

The Challenge: Spies, Lies and Allies | Season 37 Episode 14 - "Maverick


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

Who would have thought?! The one time I say Emerald Team is going to win they don't f*cking win!! I'm not mad though. I'm actually glad that I was wrong this time! Because now, things changed and, because of that, we have ton of things to talk about.

First of all, I made the wrong assumption about that conversation between Josh and Amanda. I mean, her intent was the same, but actually, the conversation happened even before the daily challenge, and I thought it took place after, and that is why I thought Emerald was going to win again.

Actually, it was pretty close between Sapphire and Emerald. Unfortunately, Ruby didn't stand a chance. They didn't even finish the challenge. But luckily Sapphire pulled it through and, although I'm not super into them, it's better than having Emerald winning again.

What I did predict though, was Amanda going in. I mean, I think I said Big T was probably going in, which she ended up going anyway, but Amanda was the Agency vote which was not what I was expecting. It did make sense though, because Big T said that she would leave Ruby and go to Sapphire and neither CT nor Logan wanted her in the Sapphire Team so they thought it would be best to pick Amanda. Plus, she always said that she wanted to mess with the Emerald Team so... And because of that, I even though she was going to pick Nany to go against so she would beat Nany and then take Tori's place but... That didn't happen like that.

But, we need to talk about the elephant in the room - Ashley leaving. It certainly was really sudden and left us all wondering so, of course, we went to the internet looking for answers. In a way, I think MTV played this the wrong way because, if they wanted to hide something, this made everything worse. Basically, Ashley had a fight with Josh and, from what I understood, she called him out for being gay?! I don't know... Nelson said in an IG Live that it was worse than just that and she was drunk but basically that was it. 

In my honest opinion, if they wanted to hide everything, MTV should've just cut that argument and leave her in the game, because now we just went looking for answers and found out anyway. But, like Nelson said, it was really that bad and she said some nasty things, I guess MTV played they cards well. The truth is, by not even addressing anything that happened, they just left us wondering, protected Ashley from getting hate and protected themselves from having Ashley in the show and made possible to keep asking her into the show because, let's be real - she's an asset to them. But post that, let's get back to the episode...

The elimination was actually really good and it was pretty even. Obviously I was rooting for Big T (even though I wanted to see Amanda shake up the Emerald Team) but, unfortunately, Big T lost... It was sad but... Guess what?! Big T came back! Because of the whole thing with Ashley, TJ decided to call back Big T and have her join the Ruby Team again. As for Amanda, she did what she wanted to do - take Tori's place. I liked that, to be honest. I'm still rooting for Ruby because Kyle and Big T, and now I think they have a better chance, to be honest. Also, I'm super curious to see how Emerald does now without Tori there and with Amanda in her place - that should be interesting!

So, yeah, that was it for this episode! One of the best episodes this season definitely! Let me know what you thought of the episode, where you happy that Sapphire won? Who would you chose to go into elimination? And what do you think about the whole thing with Ashley? Tell me all your thoughts and I know All Stars is back, but I can only watch it tomorrow so you're going to have to wait a bit more for my rant. I'll see you then!

Love,

Daniela.

2 comments:

  1. So happy Amanda won. I'm not a big T fan, I don't get why she keeps getting invited back. I hate that people are coasting this season. Agree with you on how MTV handled it. They never seem to know how to handle things. They need to bring back real competitors again. There's so many to choose from that are willing to come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as I said, I'm just glad she won because Big T stayed as well. I AM a Big T fan. She's relatable and, most of all, she's super positive and just gives the house a good vibe, which is needed.
      I used to not be into the new people from Are You The One and whatnot but I've warmed up to them and I think some have great potential.

      Delete