Pages

Friday, November 12, 2021

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 2 Episode 1 - "One More Time"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone and Here's to a new All Stars season!

I gotta be honest with you though - I'm not that excited about this new season as I am for the main season. I know, that might be a controversial opinion because all I see is people excited about having these OGs back but... The truth is, I didn't grow up with this contestants. I can say that I'm kind of more into the New School era, even though I started watching The Challenge on Season 25 - Free Agents so... it has been more than 10 seasons. I did watch a few of the older ones such as Cutthroat but, basically, I'm missing 20 seasons of the challenge and so, because of that, I don't have the attachment to these players that most people do. With saying that, there's also a few other things that did not make me excited about this episode.

First of all, the actual challenge. I know that they weren't supposed to do it that way but they did and, because of that, the challenge looked way too easy. Also, I know that these are older people so maybe they have to make easier challenges but I don't think that's fair so... This daily challenge was disappointing.

Then, there's the elimination - which didn't happen. We didn't even get into the nominations part and that really annoyed me! I hate when the episodes don't follow the formula - challenge, nominations, elimination. And again, I get that they had to introduce all the contestants but they could've done a 1 hour episode instead of a 40 minutes one or they could've premiere two episodes. Tons of shows do that now - a two episodes premiere - so they could've done that here because, the way they did it, just left me really disappointed.

And apart from that, I don't think there's anything more to say. I liked the winning pair - Derrick and Jodi. I like that there's more people that I like/know this season than in the previous one, although now I know a lot of the ones that were in Season 1 as well. But that's it. There wasn't any drama and they didn't even get to the nominations so there's not a lot to predict. Also, I didn't understand the whole voting system so... I'm going to have to wait for the next episode to really figure out how this whole thing works.

But yeah, let me know what you thought of this season premiere and if you're liking this more than the actual main season and let me know, as of now, who are you rooting for. I don't have a lot of people that I really like, but I guess I'm rooting for Derrick, Darrell, Cohutta and Jonna. I need to see more of everyone else to get me invested.

I guess that's it and I'll see you in my next rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment