Pages

Friday, November 19, 2021

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 1 - "Armageddon, Part 1"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everybody!

The Flash is back and... It brings the same old problems... 

I gotta be honest - I wasn't that excited about this season but because this first episodes are a 'crossover', anything could happen but... This crossover thing is just to mislead you. It just is your normal The Flash season with one or two special guests in each episode. It doesn't follow at all the structure of previous crossovers. First, this is an episode each week; second, this first episode only had Ray as 'the crossover', so there's no intertwine of multiple characters (not that I am aware of); and third, this is just part of the overall The Flash plot so... Yeah, it really feels like this was just marketing to make people watch this new season and, because of that, I felt even more cheated on.

The episode begins with some exposition about where the characters are now - Barry's powers have improved greatly, Iris now runs a bigger media - now called Central City Citizen Media - with a full on team and even a podcast. Kramer is also now the captain which, I don't know... I most have forgotten something that happened last season because Where is Joe?! Yeah, last season was a mess so it's pretty possible that I don't remember most of it.

As I mentioned before, the only 'crossover' bit of this episode was Ray Palmer appearing in Central City for CCTC, and that really was the only good thing about this episode. Ray was my favorite character on Legends and I was crushed when they basically fired him (not really, but they didn't renew his character because they didn't want to pay more for him when having new characters is cheaper) so having him back was a joy! However, the way they handled his character, like the part where he became the Atom was really odd and, as I said, it looks like that was it - he was in this episode and he won't be in the future crossover episodes so... Yeah, misleading marketing.

But, the main story of this crossover is Despero - a psychic alien that attacks the tech convention and attempts to kill Barry because he says that the Flash will destroy the world in the future. And, of course, in order to change Despero's mind about Barry destroying the world, what does Barry do?! Gives his real identity to Despero. Of course he did... 

This whole thing is getting so old. Barry keeps doing the same thing over and over again, the villains are so boring and not scary at all and, at this point, there's not likable characters in the show anymore - the only two characters I like are Caitlin/Frost and Barry. All the OGs left the show and yeah... This is harsh but I really hope they end the show with this season. It pains me to say this - I've been watching the show since it aired and I've been reviewing it since Season 3 but this has gone too far being such a mediocre/bad show and not even Grant wants to be in it anymore so... Let's just end and, hopefully, end with a slightly good season so I hope this switches some things and turns into a decent season but we'll see. As of now, it's the same old thing and I'm tired of it.

Anyway... Let me know what you thought of this Season Premiere and what are your thoughts on the crossover and I'll see you soon with more rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment