Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2021

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 2 Episode 3 - "Firestarter"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hey!

Yes, this time I was able to watch the new episode of All Stars on the day it comes out and so, obviously, I'm here to talk about it!

After last week's episode (and the previous one as well), I got my hopes high for this episode and... I guess I was really let down.

One thing that they got right was having challenge - nominations - elimination in this episode and just that already makes me happy. But because this episodes are 45 minutes and not an hour, like the main season, everything feels kind of rushed. Not that I mind that, I like an episode without much drama, but there was something missing in this episode. It wasn't the daily challenge though, because that one was really cool and it must have been pretty hard. However, they did set up to let us know that the Black Team would win because the main players were all there. Still, the other team had a fair chance and, as per usual, I was rooting for the underdogs but... No, they didn't win. 

Because this was a teams challenge, just like last season, they had to nominate two captains (guy and girl) and if the team wins they are save and pick four players to choose for elimination but, if the team looses, the go automatically into elimination, and this is where they make the Shield thing more clear.

So Ayanna is one of the captains of the loosing team so, because she had the Shield, she was safe and she picked someone else - Sophia - which was set up by an argument that they had previously in the episode. With that, Sophia and Ryan went straight to elimination and the two winning captains - Darrell and Tina - picked Cohutta, Jonna, Jodi and Teck. But again, Nehemiah had a Shield and he decided to use it on Teck and save him, so they exchange him for MJ. This created some drama because Darrell had said that he wasn't going to put in anyone from his room but then he picked three people from his room (it was because of Tina though, but still).

As for the house, they went with what Sophia and Ryan wanted, pretty much, and Jodi and Cohutta were the ones to go against them. And now it's where the episode gets really sh*tty - the elimination.

This elimination was so disappointing! It was a game of tic, tic, tac (is that the name? that's not the name we have for it here in Portugal so I don't know) and that was so awful to watch! It's not exciting and it just ended pretty quickly because they made some mistakes that made them loose - Ryan and Sophia.

I was kinda sad because I was rooting for Ryan, but I also like Cohutta so I'm not too mad... I just liked Ryan a little bit more. As for the girls, I like Jodi and I think she's strong without getting annoying (as of now, at least) so I was happy that she won.

And that was it, that was this episode. It was pretty disappointing and it would've really benefited from 15 more minutes but okay... Next one looks fun because it's Trivia, and you know I love the Trivia episodes! So that should be a good one!

But let me know what you thought of this episode and who were you rooting for. Also, let me know your thoughts on the whole Ayanna/Sophia drama because that escalated quickly. But that's it! I'll see you in my next rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment