Pages

Monday, November 15, 2021

The Sinner | Season 4 Episode 1 - "Part I"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!

I'm finally here with The Sinner's brand new season! I really debated if I should still cover it here on the blog but you guys said on twitter than you still wanted my thoughts so... Here I am!

Right away I can tell you that I'm interested. The mystery in this season looks juicy, but it does remind me of other TV shows, such as True Detective. From what we've got so far, it also leads me to believe that the outcome will be similar to Season 2 but... I hope it's not. I would love to have a different thing. Also, something different from the previous seasons is that this one doesn't follow a murder but a disappearance. Not as interesting, in my opinion, but I'm still curious. Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, this is the only season that connects directly to the previous one so... That's new. Not necessarily better though, because we have the return of that painter woman that Harry liked last season and I'm still not a fan of her and I still don't trust her. I would rather have just Harry back but... Oh well...

So, this season takes place in an Island, which is interesting and small town islands always give us some interesting stories (Midnight Mass, The Third Day). Harry and Sonya are going to spend some time there and, on a stroll through the island, Harry meets this young woman - Percy Muldoon - who apparently is part of this famous and wealthy family from the island. They have an interesting conversation about nature and how the ocean will soon speak to Harry.

Later that night, Harry decides to take a walk, again, and that's when he hears some weird noises in the woods, follows the noises, sees Percy, follows her and sees her step off a cliff's edge to the ocean below. Harry assumes the worse and calls the police. However, the police doesn't really believe him and Percy's grandmother and the rest of her family also get suspicious about Harry. 

But, because we know Harry, we know that he will obviously keep looking into this case and that's when he, the next day, gets back to that same cliff, searches the area and finds some trinkets. He takes this trinkets to the police and it's pretty obvious that the police there has no idea how to deal with a case like this and that's why not only the chief asks for Harry's help but also Percy's family asks for it as well - they have seen his record and know the cases he has worked on before. That's when he goes to the Muldoon house, searches Percy's room and find some interesting things.

Lastly, he goes look into the CCTV footage of the pier, and sees Percy kneeling before then fleeing a shadowy figure.

As I said, it's an interesting case that, to be honest, has some cult vibes, but I kind of hope I'm wrong. I also think there's something to do with the other family that is sort of a rival to the Muldoon family so... We'll see. But I guess that's it from me for now.

I know I still have 4 more episodes to review so no spoilers please and just bare with me... They are coming! In the meantime, if you're just like me and have only seen the first episode, or if you just want to comment on the show without spoilers for the next episodes, tell me in the comments! I'll see you in my next one!

Love,

Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment