Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 23 - "Let the Good Times Roll"


Spoiler Alert!

Oh My God!
Hello people and here is the rant of the most epic Supernatural season finale!
But not seriously, this is in the TOP 5 best Supernatural episodes! It was everything that I wanted it to be and more! It left me speechless throughout the whole episode and I couldn't predict anything that happened! This episode trully was like a conclusion to an era (you'll get what I mean in the end) and it was really fullfilling. In a way, it kind ended similar to the Arrow Season 6 Finale, the only difference is that Arrow was so predictable and this wasn't. Maybe because Supernatural have been here for so long and some major points in this episode were related to like Season 3 or 4 (or maybe even 5, I can't remember) that we just wouldn't ever think of what happened.
Anyway, I need to stop rambling and get to the juicy stuff.
I feel like I need to start with the introduction of the episode because, not only they played the usual "Carry On My Wayward Son" but also, for once, it was Dean who narrated the whole thing and I should've known that this meant something.
Apart from that, the episode actually starts with Sam explaining some things to the people from Apocalypse World about our world, as well as we see Sam, Dean, Cas and Jack go hunting and just getting back to their normal life, while the rest of the people just start their own lives.
I don't think they mentioned it and it wasn't really clear but it seemed to me that a few days passes, maybe even weeks or months because it seemed like everyone already had some sort of life and that the Brothers have been doing their thing again.
Anyway, while on a walk through the woods, Mary and Bobby (who seems like is here to stay) find one of the Apocalypse World refugees, Maggie, dead.
They try to find what happened to her and that's when Jack goes after a guy that Maggie have been seeing. Needless to say that Jack almost kills him and gets back to blaming himself for always hurting people, so he leaves. While in the woods, Lucifer appears and tries to 'manipulate' Jack into leaving with him and stuff. I couldn't believe that but Jack actually accepts but not without doing something first - Lucifer getting Maggie back to life.
Lucifer does it, with not really a choice and they leave. Later, Sam talks with Maggie and she tells him that the man who attacked her had glowing red eyes - Lucifer. This actually plays a big part later because at the same time that Lucifer appeared to Jack, Michael also appears to Sam, Dean and Cas. They get away but soon after Lucifer and Jack leave the bunker, Michael appears there.
The exciting things start happening in that moment. I was really afraid for Dean because Michael attacks him not first but with more intent to kill and since I knew Dean was going to play another character, I was really afraid they would kill him. Luckily, Sam prays to Jack who listens and goes to their rescue.
Jack really surprised me there. He appeared and almost killed Michael. I knew he was powerfull but I didn't know he was that powerful. Thank god, thought.
At that exact moment Jack also learns who Lucifer really his. Of course Lucifer went with Jack but, unfortunatelly, Michael reveals that they had an agreement and so Jack finds out about everything. Lucifer wanting to leave with him because Michael was going to distroy the world as well as Lucifer killing Maggie. Jack even uses his own powers on Lucifer in a way to make him tell the truth which was amazing, in my opinion.
With his plan falling apart, Lucifer steals Jack's grace, leaving Jack human and then teleporting to a church alongside with Jack and Sam. Of course Lucifer starts playing his little games and, since he's the most powerful he has ever been it leaves Dean no choice then to make a deal with Michael - be is vessel.
This was like something so out of nowhere! I mean, not in a bad way. I'm saying like, this storyline happened like almost 10 seasons ago and now bringing this back... This writers are amazing, really!
So, Dean makes the deal with Michael, but with himself in control and so, in an epic battle with Lucifer, he kills him with the Archangel blade! Yes, you read it right, Dean killed Lucifer! After seasons with him around they finally did it! I don't know if they're going to get him back somehow but I doubt it. This really felt like a conclusion and, truth be told, it was time. The boys have been dealing with Lucifer for so long that it is nice to have an ending of this storyline. Plus, he is really dead because of the wings (just like Gabriel - yes, I'm not over it yet).
Well, with Lucifer dead, the Winchesters and Jack celebrate only to have Michael betray his deal, take full control of Dean's body and just leaving. And that's how the episode ends, with Dean - now Michael - walking through the streets and really ending with a glimpse of his blue angel eyes.
This was so different from what I thought was going to happen.
I knew that Jensen was going to play a totally different character but I thought it was going to be like some BMOL related or something. I never, in a million years, would think this would happen so, congrats to the writers and producers and everyone, you all did an amazing job with this season finale.
Unfortunatelly we are going to have to wait until October for the next season so, yeah.
Oh, and just something that I forgot to mention. It was nice that they said that Rowena and Charlie went on a roadtrip or something. It was a nice touch and it means they are still alive, which is good.
We might have lost some characters but we also have some old ones back so it's good. I'm also happy that Jack didn't die because, for a moment, I really thought he was going to really kill himself.
Ok, this post is already too long so I'm going to leave it to you now to tell me your thoughts, and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment