Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Shadowhunters | Season 3 Episode 7 - "Salt in the Wound"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Here I am, as promised with the next Shadowhunters rant. I'm still not going to be able to post episode 8's but I'll post it tomorrow, I promise!
Anyway so, this episode wasn't as good as the last one, in my opinion, but it still had some good stuff. Truth is, the first part of the season is almost ending so there's no time to lose, right?
The best things about this episode, I believe were the Maia and Jordan flashbacks.
That's right Kyle really is Jodar (Jordan Kyle) and I wasn't delusional. I was almost 100% sure that this guy was Maia's ex boyfriend but when he introduced himself as Kyle I just got really confused. Turns out I was right. So, Maia finally learns about him, as well as Simon finds out who he really is and, because of that, we see a lot of Maia/Jordan flashbacks. It was actually really interesting to see how everything started and, although they weren't as good as Arrow's flashbacks, in terms of edition and stuff, they were pretty good and, like I said, probably the best part of the episode.
Of course the other part of the episode that was somehow interesting and exciting was the whole thing with Jace. Clary finally told Simon, Alec and Izzy what she did and everything that happened because of that and after that and so they decide to come up with a way to 'save' Jace. They also learn about Lilith and that she's the mother of all demons so it's going to be really hard to defeat her as well as save Jace. Izzy, being head of the armoury knows about a device that was never used that can trap a greater demon so they go to Alicante to get that device.
In the meantime, Lilith also asks Jace to go t Alicante to get Valentine's body and that's where basically everything happens.
Izzy, Alec and Clary go to Alicante, talk to Imogen and she gets them the device that they need. As they leave, Jace arrives and basically kills Imogen. Luckily, she has time to send Alec a message and so the trio go after Jace. They do get to trap him but Clary stays behind to create some 'distraction' (another dumb thing that Clary does, nothing new) and that's when the episode ends - with Clary going to prison. I think that was just unecessary because if she was able to send Jace, Alec and Izzy through a portal why couldn't she go as well?! Doesn't make sense.
The other thing that we see happen in this episode is Luke and Simon finding Lilith's lair and Simon killing two 'demons' with hi forehead thing, which is becoming more and more interesting, to be honest.
Well, I guess that's pretty much it for this episode.
I'm quite excited to watch the new one because I've read something about someone leaving (I don't if it's leaving the show or just leaving New Yorker in the show) but I'm curious about that.
Let me know your thoughts on this episode and please, no spoilers about the new one because I'm only going to be able to watch it tomorrow.
Also, I thought I was able to watch The Flash's new episode today but it's getting late here in Portugal so I won't be able anymore so, The Flash and Shadowhunters for tomorrow.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment