Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 23 - "Life Sentence"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! This is what I have to say about the Arrow Season 6 Finale! Although, I have mixed feelings about it.
This was trully an amazing episode! The producers brought everything in this season finale and it had so many amazing scenes but, at the same time, this episode was hella predictable! Basically all the events that took place in the episode were what I expected and, even the one that I didn't expect, was kind of predictable. I guess I can say I was in denial that's why I wasn't expecting it.
So, the last episode ended with Oliver going to Agent Watson for help and we see that she asks for two things - one if he really is the Green Arrow but we don't really find out what is the second thing so this episode was basically foreshadowing that last thing.
The episode actually begins with two really nice fight scenes! One of them all entering the SCPD and basically taking down all the agents that were part of Diaz team and the second one when they actually get to Diaz.
Well, actually there's a few things that happen before the scene where they get to Diaz like Rene, Watson and another agent getting into a trap after Diaz finding out about Anatoly being with Oliver now and Diaz reaching to Quentin so he stops the FBI from working in the city. Obviously Quentin doesn't agrees with anything and actually has a pretty great plan which takes him to Laurel as well as Diaz lair and in which Team Arrow is able to trace him through his pacemaker.
That's when that really nice battle happen as well as Quentin is shot while trying to protect Black Siren. He's taken to the hospital while Oliver goes after Diaz and almost has him. They actually have (another) really nice battle in which Oliver is able to get close to him and clone all the files with the people that is in his payroll. Unfortunatelly, Black Siren messes up and just throws Diaz into the river which, obviously, didn't do anything to him - he's obviously not dead.
After that we move to the hospital where Oliver has a really nice conversation with Quentin before he goes into surgery.
Throught this whole episode Oliver keeps having meaningful conversations with every single character and even Felicity notices it and she wants to talk with him about it but they are cut short when they have to go after Diaz.
While in the hospital that's when everything unravels. Not only Agent Watson comes to get Oliver (and that's when we find out that he agreed to go to prison for being the Green Arrow) but also Sara arrives (the Caity Lotz appearance) and... We find out that Quentin suffered a seizure during surgery and that he died.
I actually didn't think they were going to kill him. I knew that Paul Blackthorn was leaving and everyone kept saying that he was going to die but... I didn't want to believe he was just going to be gone. I thought he was just going to leave and maybe come back for a few episodes or something when needed. Of course there's the multiple Earths and everything and he might come back as Quentin from other Earth but... It's not same. It was actually a pretty sad scene.
Something else that I wasn't really happy about was Caity Lotz's appearance. I thought she was going to come to fight or something but she just came to say goodbye to Quentin which was nice but not fullfilling.
As we see all of this unravel, we see that Diaz is still alive so, again, pretty predictable. 
Then the saddest scene of the episode - Felicity/Oliver/William. Oh my god it was so sad! I felt Felicity's pain and, althought he's not going to stay in prison for long, it was still sad and I just kept thinking like if 'this was the end of Green Arrow'? I mean, this could really be a Series Finale and maybe this was what they intended, since they didn't really know if they were going to get picked.
Anyway then, the surprising scene - Oliver tells the reporters and everyone that he is the Green Arrow and then we just see him going into prison. Also I need to point out that moment when Stephen Amell looks into the camera and says that he's the Green Arrow. Wow! That was quite something! 
And well, that's how the season ends - Oliver in prison.
Like I said before, although really predictable, really well done and so amazingly shot and just wow! I loved it anyway!
So, let me know what you thought about this season finale. Was it what you expected? Were you surprised? Tell me everything.
I'll see you next with the Supernatural Season Finale!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment