Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 17 - "Duet"


Spoiler Alert!

And here it is! The second part of this iconic crossover!
Seriously, I've never seen a crossover like this! Super happy/proud of The Flash for doing this!
Now, analyzing the actual crossover... Basically everything about it was beautiful! It had the feel of a musical without being completely different from the usual The Flash episodes, which I think was great. They could have completely lost the feel of The Flash but the didn't. And I think this is a reason why they didn't do the musical crossover with Arrow, because Arrow doesn't have the feel/mood for a musical crossover. The Flash and Supergirl are a lot more light-hearted and Arrow is a bit more dark, although I would love to see some of the Arrow cast sing. We kind of had a little bit, because Malcolm was in this episode! He loves to sing so he had to be in the crossover.
Anyway, although the episode had a lot of good things, it was a little bit down on some parts for me, like I didn't see Chris Wood sing, which I was really hoping for, also I didn't have enough Chris/Grant screen time, which was also a bummer and obviously, the two ships that I don't ship also got back in this episode. Besides, I just realized that Julian wasn't in the episode... And Tom Felton also sings so, he should've been in this episode. But again, a lot more other characters didn't sing like Caitlin or Wally... Really wanted all the characters to sing though, but what we had was good enough, I think.
In terms of storyline, they were also really cleaver! They didn't just put some random musical bits in an episode, it wouldn't make sense. Instead, they got Barry and Iris in an 'universe' inside their heads that was a musical, so obviously they had to sing and all. When I first realized that, I thought that it was going to be just Barry and Kara singing but, thankfully, the other actors/characters where in this musical also, but in a different character, that's why I've read somewhere that Chris Wood and Candice Patton were going to be a couple in this episode, and I thought that was just weird, but it actually made sense and I was so glad they did what they did.
It was, for sure, really weird to see 'Iris' and 'Mon-El' 'dating' but it was different. But the best part really was seeing Barry and Kara's faces, that was so much fun.
Also, the villain in this episode wasn't really a villain and I loved it! It was also really cool to have Darren Criss in The Flash and have like a little Glee reunion with Darren, Grant and Melissa. Loved it!
But I must say, it was the cheesiest episode I've ever seen! Seriously, there were so many cheesy moments in this episode, mostly the last scene. Sure I loved it, and I'm a sucker for romance, although I don't ship West-Allen, but that last scene, was just beautiful! I will for sure be listening to that song on repeat! Love Grant's voice!
Oh, and before I end this rant, I can't forget to mention Winn and Cisco singing!! I knew that both of them were great singers but damn that was really good! I just wish they had met like 'in real life' because Winn even said in the Supergirl part of the crossover that Cisco and him would be great friends so, I would've love to see that.
And yeah, that's basically it guys. I know I didn't say much storywise but basically they were trapped in a musical and they had to follow the script in order to get out of there. It wasn't a major plot but it was good enough for this episode and I loved it!
I'll be waiting for your thoughts on this crossover and, out of curiosity, tell whish was your favourite duet/song in the episode, mine was, for sure, the last song, that Barry sang to Iris, that was just beautiful!
Anyway, that's it for today guys.
I'll see you, hopefully, tomorrow with a new Arrow rant!
Love,
Daniela.

2 comments:

  1. Great work. It's nice to read a good and reasoned opinion about the series, instead of negativity without argumentation.

    Greetings from Russia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always try to have a point when there's stuff that I don't like and not just say that I didn't like because I didn't like.

      Love,
      Daniela.

      Delete