Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 16 - "Into the Speed Force"


Spoiler Alert!

Once again, a little late with this rant so, let's not take too long and start talking about the episode right away!
To me, this episode was a little bit meh... Overall, not much happened. Yes, we went to the speed force and yes, we saw a lot of 'old' characters but... It wasn't that special!
And, since we are talking about those characters, I want to say that I was a little disappointed with that. They told us that we were going to have Ronnie and Snart back for an episode but... This weren't even them! It was the 'speed force' talking to Barry through their bodies so, it was disappointing. Although, if this really was Ronnie, there would be a chance for Jaitlin not happening so... I didn't want that either so I think it's 'kind of' fine...
Anyway so, was you can see, this episode was basically all spent either in the speed force of about the speed force.
Oh, and something that I forgot to mention earlier, Eddie was also in this episode! Well, the speed force talking through Eddie... But, for a moment, I forgot that the speed force did that and I actually thought it was Eddie, which made me think that my theory that Eddie is Savitar was wrong... well, turns out, Eddie might still be Savitar and I will support my theory until they prove me wrong. And well, when it comes to The Flash, I also predicted that Julian was Alchemy so... I'm going to stick with my theory for now.
Ok, back to the episode...
So, once again, the speed force tries to give Barry a lesson and, this time, is about understanding true sacrifice and that he must be the one to save Iris in the future. Which leads to the very last scene of the episode (I know, I'm jumping too much ahead) where Barry basically 'breaks up' with Iris. Needless to say that I was completely okay with that, since I don't like West-Allen.
And yes, as you can see, Barry does get out of the speed force, with Wally, but something has always to happen, obviously. So, Jay Garrick had to go and basically 'save' Barry but someone had to take Wally's place in the 'prison' that he was in so yes, Jay Garrick ends up taking Wally's place. I hope they come back there to save him though... Let's hope so!
Meanwhile, because it wasn't all but the speed force, the team also tries to find Savitar, since he's now on Earth.
Basically Jesse goes after him and she does find him and, with H.R.'s help, she managed to wound him through a weak point in his armor. Unfortunatelly, Savitar escaped but this was really important because now we know that Savitar isn't really a god. He's just a 'normal' guy (or girl) under the armour so... Yes, it can be Eddie so.. Let's see!
And yeah, that's basically it guys.
As you can see, now much happened. I like when we have more of the main villain in the episodes, in this case Savitar, and he wasn't really in it so I thought this was kind of a weak episode. Besides, we didn't really have much ships in it either (and when I say ships I mean Jailtin) althought, we did have the 'break up'  (for now) of West-Allen so... Yeah...
Next episode is going to be a good one! It's the music crossover with Supergirl so I'm super excited! I'm going to see Chris Wood and Grant Gustin singing together! I've been waiting for thi for ages! Seriously, can't wait! Also, this means that there's going to be a special Supergirl rant in the blog so, stay tuned for that!
That's all for now.
I'll talk to you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment