Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 19 - "Funeralia"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people and here we are with the last rant of the week.
I gotta be honest with you - I left this one for last mainly because I was really excited for it and I thought it was going to be so good but... Guess I was wrong.
I mean, it was still a great episode, like Supernatural always does, but I just think it was a bit underwhelming. I don't know why, I was expecting more out of it and, to be honest, I'm just tired of not having Jack around. It's bee so long since he last appeared. Plus, in this episode there was no Gabriel nor Lucifer, which made it a little bit worse. Yes, we had Rowena, which made up for it... Kind of. She was a little bit annoying in this episode but it ended in a good way so I can't wait to have her around because we are going to have her around for, probably, the rest of the season.
So, besides the Rowena storyline, which I'll get into in a bit, we also have Castiel's storyline - who decides to go to Heave looking for help to find Gabriel, which is the main concern right now. Castiel goes there and, for everyone's surprise, he is greeted by Naomi (yes, that bitch that we all hated from seasons ago). Naomi reveals she survived (obviously), but her injuries were such that she faked her death in order to recover - which is what she have been doing for all this years.
Castiel notices something wrong in Heave and that's when Naomi revelas that there's less than a dozen of angels left, in the whole world, including her and Castiel. Heave is soon crumble and release it's souls on Earth and burning all the angels, and that's why Heave also needs Gabriel. Castiel agrees to go find Gabriel and Naomi tells him that, if he does, they'll help with the whole Michael issue. After that, Naomi seals the portal until things are resolved.
Now, back to the Rowena stuff...
Also while trying to find Gabriel, the brothers call Rowena for help, finding out that she has killed someone. They go after her and that's when they are met with the reaper Jessica who tells them that Rowena have been using her powers to kill both humans and reapers and alter fate. As you can imagine, a lot happens and actually Jessica reveals that only the brothers can stop her since he only way Rowena will die is killed by Sam, according to the 'death archives' or something that tells the various death that a person can have.
Rowena eventually kidnaps Sam and that's when she reveals that she's trying to force Billie to bring back Crowley due to her remorse for the life he had. Rowena tries to kill Sam but is unable to, ending up fighting Billie and weakening her power. Billie offers sympathy but still won't bring Crowley back. 
The brothers believe she can redeem herself while helping them and so she agrees to do so. And that's how the episode ends.
I have a feeling this season finale is going to be epic, with loads of our favourite characters. We're not only going to have our main three guys but, obviously, Gabriel is going to be there to help, Rowena is gonna be there, Charlie is probably gonna be there as well, even though the alternative universe Charlie, but that's still good, Jack and Mary are obviously going to be there and maybe Lucifer will also be there, who knows?! I guess this is going to be something like season 11 finale, with basically all of our characters helping the brothers and, to be honest, I can't wait for that. 
Also, next episode is going to be directed by Richard Speight, Jr. so, you know it's going to be bomb!
I haven't seen any previews so I have no clue what is going to happen so, let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you next week with more rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment