Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 17 - "Null and Annoyed"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
The Flash is finally back and, obviously, I'm here to talk about the new episode.
I have to say that I quite enjoyed this episode. Hell, I don't think there's any flaw in this one! I mean, Caitlin was kind of on the side, which was a bummer, and Barry kind of pissed me off but he got to his senses, as he usually does so, I guess it's all good! I'm not going to be long with my overall view of the episode because I have too many predictions and stuff that I want to point out through out the episode so, let's jump right into it.
The episode begins with Barry and Ralph training and Barry being annoyed at him because he keeps making jokes and not taking the training seriously. With this, was pretty clear that this episode was going to be a lot centered on Ralph (as the episodes have been lately) and, althought I loved it, it got me thinking if this is some type of way to send us a message or just to get us to like Ralph more and more and then be like really surprised that he has been on DeVoe's side all along. I don't know... I seriously hope Ralph is a good one and truly, I hope he stays in the show but... I have my suspicions. And, not wanting to jump too ahead but that scene when DeVoe tells his wife that there's only two to catch and then she says three that got me thinking. First thing I though she meant Dibny but we then found out that she was talking about the Weeper so I started wondering, has been Ralph on this all along? Does DeVoe already have an hold on Dibny and he's the way DeVoe knows all Team Flash's plan? Or even if there's something bigger behing him being on the team? Well, like I said, I seriously hope I'm wrong with all my suspicions but something tells me I'm not. Let me know your thoughts on this.
Anyway, the episode then goes on was usually.
The find one of the two remaining bus metas and keep trying to get her. The first time they attempt, that's when Dibny's plot thickens and that's when Barry gets mad at him and doesn't want to work with Ralph anymore. Obviously, after that, that's when Ralph tells the truth about why he's joking all the time. Once again, making us feel more connected to his character, just to, maybe, trick us and leave us speechless in the end.
They attempt to get that meta again, Janet Petty, and that's when she sends Barry into atmosphere and when Ralph gets 'in charge', after Barry telling the Team to trust Ralph.
That last thing that Ralph does was actually pretty funny. I'm seriously praying they keep his character that way, because I love him too much and I will be so disappointed if he turns on Team Flash.
Meanwhile, like I mentioned previously, we find out that DeVoe has been drugging his wife so she will continue to assist him. We also find out that she has find out about this like a hundred times and everytime DeVoe does the same and 'erases' her memory. We are led to believe that he did it again but I predict that she still remembers everything and I think she's the one that's going to help Team Flash take down DeVoe.
Also in this episode we have a little visit from the Breacher who has lost his powers and wants Cisco's help to have them back. But the issue is that, the Breacher is too old so he's powers have vanished because of his age. In the end, Cisco tells him the truth and the Breacher offers Cisco his place, to do what he did and therefore spend more time with Gypsy. To be honest, I doubt he'll take it, mostly because I haven't heard anything about Carlos Valdes wanting to leave the show and I doubt the producers would get rid of him unless he wanted to leave so... I doubt he'll take the place but, you never know. 
And, the very last scene let us know that Harry still has access to the Time Vault, and that he uses it to recharge the thinking cap as well as to talk to Gideon. I don't know where this part of the story is gonna go so I'm really curious to see your thoughts on this.
I guess that's pretty much it.
I'll see you guys later with a new The Challenge rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment