Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Shadowhunters | Season 3 Episode 4 - "Thy Soul Instructed"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Just as promised here I am with the Shadowhunters rant.
Well, you might have already guessed what I'm about to say - yes, this wasn't a great episode.
I know I keep saying the same damn things but, the truth is, they keep getting it wrong. Just like in the last episode, this one had too much going on and some stuff weren't really that well explained. This time, I gotta say, the only thing that I kind of liked was Kyle who, I don't know if I'm wrong but isn't him Maia's ex-boyfriend? I don't know, I'm a bit confused. Let me know what you know about that.
Well, overall, I feel like all the characters have been really bad this season, apart from Alec and Magnus. I feel like Maled is the best thing in Shadowhunters right now. Not only their relationship is so beautiful and pure but also Matt and Harry's is the best of all the cast. I might also say that I've been liking Luke, athough he's not really that major right now. But I feel like he does what his character is supposed to do and, from the ending of this episode, is seems like something major is happening/going to happen between him, Kyle and Simon so, let's see where this goes.
I would also say that Dominic has also been doing a great job with this Jace, I'm just not a fan of how everything is going with his character and the storyline. Like I said in my previous rant, I feel like they're going too fast with this storyline and, once again, I know that they have to move on with the story because in episode 10 Sebastian/Jonathan is reborn but... They could spend more time devolopping the storyline, instead of filling the episodes with other not so important and not well written stories like, for example, Raphael's story.
Raphael's story was the worst thing in this episode! Besides it being like completely out of nowhere, they didn't explain it at all! I was so lost when that girl was talking about what he did to her because they never really explained or showed it. This was probably an editing mistake but it was an huge mistake and maybe that's the reason why, in the end, the girl just left and Izzy just told Raphael to go away.
Oh, talking about Isabelle... I'm also really disappointe with her character. Not that it's Emeraude's fault, it isn't! She's an amazing actress but the way the writters are writting her character is just wrong! I didn't read the books but, from what I've seen people talking about, Izzy in the books is way cooler and more badass and this Izzy is just dull. Plus, where is Sizzy?! I have no idea where they come up in the book but everyone is waiting for it and I feel like the writters just don't want to give it to us so... Yeah, this writters are awful!
Well, I guess that's pretty much it. Simon is also one of those characters that I'm enjoying, alongside with Magnus and Alec and, I know I didn't mention Clary but don't even get me started! I feel like she was better on Season 2 but in this season she's back to being annoying... I'm sorry, that's just my opinion.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the season so far and I'll see you tomorrow with new Arrow and Supernatural rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment