Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 18 - "Bring 'em Back Alive"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
So, first of all, I wanna say sorry for posting this a little too late. I told on my twitter but yesterday I arrived home kinda late and I was pretty tired so it was impossible to watch the episode and write about it, as well as for Arrow, that's why both rants will be up today, starting with Supernatural!
I have to say that this episode has barely everything! It is pretty clear that we are getting to end of the season because not only basically all characters were in this episode - such as Gabriel, Lucifer, Jo and Cas - but also we are wrapping some things up. Plus, we had another guest start - Charlie! We've know for some time that there was going to be another special guest star that had died in the previous seasons and that was going to be part of the alternate universe and all bets were on Charlie (at least, I knew mine were) and we were right! So much happened in this episode so I should get really started.
The episode starts with a scene that we've seen already on the CW's youtube channel with Dean and Ketch arriving in the alternate universe and starting to look for Mary and Jack. That's while they are looking for them that they witness a group of angels holding the alternate reality version of Charlie captive and then, Dean's main concern is to find her and save. I mean, he is still worried about Mary and Jack, but after finding out that they aren't with Michael anymore and that Charlie might know where they are, he decides to first find Charlie and then, with her help, look for Mary and Jack.
While on the look for Charile, Dean gets shot by some guy and that's when Ketch helps him and they have kind of an heart-to-heart conversation where Dean reveals that he still holds guilt over his Charlie's murder, and that's after that that Ketch agrees to help him look for her. Well, with this, we learn that Ketch can be redeemed, which I never though could happen. I'm starting to be okay with Ketch around, even though I wouldn't be too sad if he died. I guess he's tolerable now. 
Anyway, together, Dean and Ketch liberate Charlie who reveals that Mary and Jack are leading a resistance in Ohio. As they learn about this information, they are faced with the fact that the rift is closing so Dean decides to go back, leave Ketch and Charlie in the Apocalypse World looking for Mary and Jack for when Dean come back to finally deafeat Michael.
Meanwhile in the real world, Sam and Castiel are trying to help Gabriel, learning then, through some things he wrote in the walls, that he faked his death when Lucifer 'killed' him, back in Season 5, in order to escape all responsability again. I guess this was a good things writers did because, althought I didn't really mind why and how he was back, I can see that some people might wanna know and, overall, it's just nice to know how everything played out in Season 5 so, this was a nice touch.
So, eventually Gabriel gets a little better and, when that happens, Asmodeus is able to locate him and that's when he calls Sam telling him to give him Gabriel back or he'll attack them. Obviously Sam doesn't do it and yeah, Asmodeus attacks the bunker.
That's when he's about to take Gabriel out and almost kill Sam and Castiel that Gabriel gets his full force back and yeah, he just kills Asmodeus.
I can't say that was an huge surprise to me because I did see some spoilers online (you can't go to the internet before you see the new episodes, right?) but it was surprise anyway. You know that I've told you that they were going to use Asmodeus' storyline for next seasons but I guess they have other plans and them killing Asmodeus was really a plot twist for me! I wasn't really expecting it! Of course, now, I have some other theories like Lucifer might stay a little longer in the show and he might get tired of being 'God' and get bak to being the Kind of Hell and really rule Hell this time, since there's no Kind of Hell right now. I just think killing Asmodeus is a bummer because he could set free those Shedim, which looked really nice for villains or half-villains (yes, I still think about those) but who knows?! They might be able to get them back with some other way, right? Anyway, I'm not mad that he's dead. He was a pain in the ass so, overall, I liked how things turned out. Well, at least, for him, because I didn't like that, after that, and after telling Gabriel what was happening with Michael in the alternate universe, that Gabriel just said no to helping them and just vanished.
I know the's coming back eventually but still, he should've helped them right away. Plus, now that Dean's back, they don't even have grace to open the rift again so, they really need to either find Gabriel or Lucifer.
And talking about Lucifer. We also see a bit of him in this episode. We see him struggle in his new role as 'God' and ultimately alienating Anael with his behavior. I guess this part of the episode was just to be funny, with all the exorcism thing and to show that Lucifer can't be 'God'/good and that his place his in Hell so someone else might have to take his place (maybe Gabriel? This is a long shot but, you never know.)
Well, overall, this was a great episode and I just wanted to see Jack for it to be better.
I kinda predict that the next episode is gonna be them looking for Gabriel (keep in mind I haven't watched the preview yet) and maybe stumble upon Lucifer and finding out that he's in heaven now. Maybe even Jo will get to the Winchesters and tell her herself but, I don't know. Gabriel and Lucifer are gonna be back, for sure, in the next episode and, obviously, I guess we will see a bit more of what's going on in the alternate universe, since it is a big part of the season right now. I don't know what else to say, apart from that I guess Lucifer will give up is place in Heave and get back to Hell and, I don't know... I guess that's it. 
Let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you later with the new Arrow rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment