Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 18 - "Lose Yourself"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello and here we are with the final rant of the day (Shadowhunters is coming tomorrow because it's already pretty late).
Oh my god, you guys! This episode wrecked me!
I knew this whole Ralph thing was gonna be a major plot in the future but, as I've been saying in the past rants, I always thought Ralph was working for DeVoe or something but... I should have known... I've this episode title it was obvious something was going to happen to him. I wasn't prepared at all and I'm so sad right now. You know how much I love him and I've been loving Hartley as Ralph and I'm just not prepared to not have him around anymore. I mean, I wouldn't like to see Hartley as DeVoe, that's for sure and thank god they changed it back to the other actor but I just didn't want him dead. They keep doing this, I swear. For some odd reason, they got rid of Julian, which I loved and now Dibny. I still have hope that they will find a way to get him back but... I doubt it to be honest. Anyway, I've ranted enough about my mourning about Dibny so let's go through all the events in this episode.
This whole episode starts off right away with them finding the last bus meta - Edwin Gauss. At the same time, they are met with the Samuroid who injured Caitlin. They get back to STAR Labs to heal and later Caitlin revelas to Iris that Killer Frost is activated by her adrenal gland, and that she is working on a way to seperate them. 
At the same time, Harry also comes up with a tuning fork that can mimic Izzy's abilities in order to defeat DeVoe. This brings a whole argument between Barry and Ralph, because Ralph says that they need to kill DeVoe in order to end all this while, Barry being the superheroe that he is, says that they don't need to kill, they always find another way.
Later on the episode, after them really finding Edwin and taking him back to STAR Labs, Edwin reveals to Dibny that he can go to DeVoe's pocket dimension and that's when Ralph tries to go after DeVoe and Barry stops him. After that, Dibny reveals that he isn't afraid of losing his own life, but of Team Flash losing theirs, as they are his family.
Meanwhile, Wells is shown to be addicted to the Thinking Cap, which Joe helps him deal with.
After all that 'fight' between Barry and Dibny, Barry decides that Ralph's plan is half good so him (Barry), Cisco and Killer Frost, with the help of Edwin, go to DeVoe's pocket dimension in order to stop him. That's when DeVoe gets to go to STAR Labs and his abble to take over Edwin's mind, as well as take the abilities of Janet Petty and Matthew Kim.
Ralph tries to stop DeVoe and that's when the later tricks him and they both go to DeVoe's pocket dimension, while Team Flash gets back to STAR Labs. Dibny fights DeVoe and almost has him. Barry appears and, in that moment, I really thought they were going to win but something happened and DeVoe is abble to transfer his mind into Ralph's body. And that's the end of our dear Dibny.
The team try to stop him, but DeVoe incapacitates them, and seemingly removes Killer Frost from Caitlin. 
In the end, DeVoe gets back to his 'real' form and him and Marlize plan their next move which, somehow, is linked with the dark matter from the Thinking Cap that Wells over used while they were trying to stop DeVoe.
I don't really know how this is gonna play out but, truth be told, I just want Dibny back. I mean, not just that but, after hearing some rumors that, in Arrow, Diaz might win, made me think that they might do that on The Flash. What if DeVoe wins in the end?! I mean, he already has all the metas. What is Team Flash gonna do now? I seriously have no idea. I still stick to my plan that Marlize is gonna find out, again, about DeVoe being playing her and she might be the one to take him down alonside with Team Flash so, let's see if that happens.
Let me know your thoughts and predictions, and please tell me I'm not the only one really sad about Ralph's 'death'.
I'll see you guys tomorrow with that Shadowhunters rant!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment