Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 20 - "Unfinished Business"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
I know I promised you this rant for yesterday but... I just couldn't. I really thought I was going to be able to watch the episode and write about it but you know, life happens and it was impossible for me to do it. But, I'm here today and I have so much to talk to you about!
With only three episodes left, it was kind of obvious that from now on the episode were going to be major and that's exactly what this episode was. I mean, we focused a lot on Gabriel in this one, which I'm completely fine with, but in a way, this kind of looked like filler but I know it was not. It was essential for the boys to find Gabriel and it was important for us, audience, to find out what was so important that Gabriel just said no and left the boys. This also filled some blanks on the whole story how Gabriel survived and how he got captured by Asmodeus. It's just amazing that all that happened season ago, like in season 5, when the boys were fighting Lucifer for the first time. Also, this episode brought back Jack and I missed him so much! I guess the major things happened in this AU this time and, I might say, my favourite scene this episode was when they showed Jacks wings protecting Mary! That was so beautiful! Anyway, I've talked about the whole thing but now, let's talk about specifics.
Like I said, the AU was major in this episode and, right in the beginning, we find out that Jack and Mary have been fighting some agels and have been winning, making Jack a little overconfident. Then, they find out that Michael's fortress has been cleared out so they go there to search for clues and that's when they find Kevin Tran in the dungeon. Kevin reveals that he has perfected the spell from the angel tablet to open the rift and that Michael moved to another place, some place where the spell will work better, and that he has an army to go into the Winchester's world. Later, Kevin also reveals that he was left behind as a trap by Michael and then he kills himself in an explosion that kills everyone but Jack and Mary (that beautiful scene with Jack's wings protecing Mary).
At the same, in the 'real world' we see Gabriel fighting some monster and then getting really injured. That's when he goes look for the brothers saying that he has known all along about Rowena's tracking spell. He then tells the boys the whole story about going to Loki and his sons after faking his death and later them selling Gabriel to Asmodeus. 
With the help of the Winchesters, Gabriel kills Loke's sons before facing with Loki himself who is revealed to have made a deal with Gabriel for Gabriel to assume his identity and, in exchange, Gabriel would leave Loki's family out of the angels' business. Loki also reveals that he's furious because Lucifer killed his father, Odin, and he blames Gabriel for his death.
In the end, the brothers help Gabriel kill Loki and, in exchange, Gabriel agrees to help them with the Michael business. 
And, the last scene of the episode shows Sam and Dean waiting for Gabriel to recharge and then haveing a little argument about Dean overprotecing Sam out of fear of losing him again to which Sam says that they have to do it together and if they die, they'll together, which was something really beautiful!
So, this episode didn't really move things forward that much it got us closer to the final battle. We have a lot of people on our side now and the only thing left is the fight. From the looks of it, and from the title of the next episode, it looks like we're going to deal with Lucifer next and then Michael. I don't know if they're going to kill Lucifer for good this time, I kind of wish they don't because I kind of like Lucifer but... I don't know. I've read somewhere that Lucifer and Jack are going to meet in one of the next episodes so... Is Jack the one to kill Lucifer? Or is he the one that is going to 'protect' Lucifer from being killed? I would say that the second option is more likely because not only he's his father but also because they're setting it up as Gabriel is going to be the one to kill him so... Let's see what happens. It looks like there's still so many things to deal with and so little time so I'm really curious for the next episodes.
Let me know which are your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you either today or tomorrow with the Shadowhunters rant that I still owe you!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment