Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 20 - "Therefore She Is"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Well, it feels like I've been saying this a lot in this past tweets but... I'm sorry. I know I owe now two Shadowhunters rants but... I've just been busy and some shows get behind. One of them is Shadowhunters. I only got to watch The Flash really because I watched it live last night and next is coming The Challenge. I don't really know when I'm going to be able to post the Shadowhunters rants so I won't make any promises. I'm going to try and post them this week but I don't know.
Anyway so, The Flash. Like I said, I watched it live which I always like but, unfortunatelly, I feel like this episode wasn't that great. My stream was really bad to begin with but, apart from that, I feel like there wasn't that many important things in this one. I mean, there was the whole thing with Cisco and the DeVoe flashbacks which were interesting but... I don't know.
So, I missed a bit of the beginning of the episode but, from what I understood, we saw DeVoe starting to get the pieces that he needed to build the Enlightenment Machine. From the flashbacks, we learn how him and Marlize got together as well as how this whole plan started. We also found out that, in the beginning, Marlize was against it because DeVoe was defending that technology was like a cancer or something to the humanity and that people needed to erase it from their memory - the enlightenment - but Marlize was a scientist and she believe in it. That's until something happened to her and that's how both of them started this messed up plan.
In this episode, Harry also reveals to the team that the amount of dark matter he used with the Thinking Cap damaged his brain and that he was loosing his intelligence. 
Meanwhile, the Team also asks for Gypsy's help to find out DeVoe's plan and everything and that's when we learn that Cisco and her aren't in the best terms because of what Breacher offered to him, which resulted in the Team finding out about it since no one knew yet.
Cisco and her kind of get in a argument but soon both let eachother know that Cisco didn't want to accept the offer. 
After that, the Team fight DeVoe and Marlize and that's when DeVoe is about to kill Gypsy that Marlize pleads to him. DeVoe let's Gypsy go and him and Marlize leave.
In the very end, Marlize decides to leave DeVoe, encasing his chair in a force-field do DeVoe cannot stop her from leaving. This was quite shocking to me. Not that I wasn't suspecting this but because the way she said it and acted looked even more evil than DeVoe, and that left me wondering if they are going to do something like in Arrow and make Marlize be the big bad instead of DeVoe. 
And, the very last scene, which always leaves us thinking, was the mystery girl bringing a gift to Cecile and Joe's baby shower and, after leaving quickly, running away using speedster powers, with two different colours of lightning - yellow/red and purple - which might be Barry's and Iris' lightnings. 
I don't know... A lot of people are saying it's Dawn others are talking about a Jesse which I have no idea who she is. I, personally, thought it could be Cecile and Joe's baby from the future but, with those lightning strikes... I don't know, I'm really confused. Let me know your theories.
Well, that's pretty much it for this episode.
Like I said, not that exciting but still with pretty big plots developing. I'm excited to find out about this mystery girl.
I'll see you guys later!
Love,
Daniela.



No comments:

Post a Comment