Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Shadowhunters | Season 3 Episode 8 - "A Heart of Darkness"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
As promised, here I am with the most recent Shadowhunters rant, finally!
I have to say that I'm quite happy with this episode. This was an episode that didn't have Clary that much and I guess that was the main reason why I liked it so much... You know, Clary is one of the most annoying characters ever but, unfortunatelly, she's the main character so you don't get an episode without her that much so this one was good because of that! And, not to jump too ahead but it ended with something that we have been 'waiting'/feeling for so long (at least, I know I did) - Death to Clary! Ok, I might be exagerating and I do know that they aren't going to kill her but still... It was kind of funny.
Anyway, steping back a little bit, the Clary storyline has this outcome because she is questioned by Jia Penhallow and she ends up telling everything about Jace and about the angel wish that she made (everything mainly because of the Soul Sword). That was basically it for Clary so let's move to Simon and Maia.
After Luke's request, Simon, Maia and Jordan go to the place where Lilith was to try and find some clues about her and what she has been doing. They actually end up finding that place with blood and, underneath it, some sort of cacoon which we know is keeping Jonathan/Sebastian. That also ends up in kind of a fight between Maia and Jordan, with Maia basically saying that she still feels something for Jordan. In the end of the episode, Maia decides to leave for a bit. (This was the person that I saw was leaving. Turns out she isn't exactly leaving the show, just town, I guess).
Still about Simon but also to do with Lilith - the later finds out that Simon has the Mark of Caim (as well as we find that out). We also learn that it is the only thing that can banish Lilith from earth and back to Edom so, this basically means that Simon is the only one that can 'kill her', which is something knew.
Because of that Lilith goes to the seelie realm and ends up killing most of the people there. Then, in order to save her own life, the Seelie Queen ends up telling Lilith where the Owl (aka Jace) is, which brings us the leads us to the last storyline of the episode.
With Magnus' help, Izzy and Alec go into Jace's mind in order to bring him back. When they find him, Alec see's that he has been forced to kill Clary repeatedly and has even tried to kill himself. Then, Jace begs for them to kill him but, of course, they don't and they promise that they will get him out. Just as this was about to happen Lilith appears, threatens Magnus and then leaves with Jace.
I have no idea what she's going to do with Jace, I just know that the next episode is the two hour mid-season finale and that means one thing - Sebastian is back! I just can't wait to have my cute little demon back!
Anyway, let me know your thoughts on this episode and your predictions for the mid-season finale.
I'll talk to you later!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment