Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 13 - "Grodd Friended Me"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
I'm back from my hiatus which means catching up on a lot of series and on a lot of reviews. I'm starting of with The Flash... Unfortunately...
After the previous episode, I had hope that this season would turn out better than what I thought it would, but it got right back to the same old story and the same 'format' and I'm really not enjoying this.
This episode started out in a good way, with 'only' Barry and him finding Hartley Rathaway. Not only I like Hartley but, after the last few episodes being really focused on Iris, I thought this one would get back to the roots and focus on Barry, but I guess I was wrong. Pretty soon they introduced other characters and other story-lines and that is what has been bothering me - there's way too many story-lines at the same time and that just confuses me. It's like the producers don't know where to focus the story so they just 'shoot' everywhere and see what sticks - which is nothing, to be honest. And on top of that, there's way too many characters on the show right now. So they either stop introducing new ones or they are preparing to have a 'whole new cast' with a bunch of our favorite actors leaving the show which, unfortunately, is the most likely thing to happen. And, with how things are going, I wouldn't even be surprised if Grant Gustin left the show. Call me whatever you want, but Iris just isn't as interesting as Barry and no one can convince me otherwise.
But back to the story, this episode was heavily focused on Barry being inside Grodd's mind and Grodd turning good after the Crisis. I mean, it was nice to see that Crisis really messed things up but I think we get it by now. Yes, Crisis was important, but enough is enough and the show needs to go forward, and this story didn't do that. This really felt like a filler episode and there wasn't one bit that I really enjoyed or cared about.
Apart from that story with Grodd, there was also the Iris and Eva inside the mirror things and surprise! Eva is evil... Like we didn't know that already... 
The only story-line that was mildly interesting was the Nash and Allegra one but pretty soon that got me rolling my eyes too. The episode ends with Sherloque Wells warning Nash that 'He is coming' aka the Reverse Flash and... Again?! Like, I'm so tired of him! I don't think he's a good villain but it's not even that, they have used him so many times that I'm just tired... 
Yeah, as you can see, and pretty disappointed with this show and that really is a bummer because Arrow is over and Supernatural is ending in a few months and... I just need this show to stay good because it's one of the few lefts that I really love... 
Anyway, let me know what you thought of this episode and I'm sorry I'm late with this rant... As I said, I was on holidays and there was no way for me to watch the episode.
I'll see you pretty soon with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment