Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

The Sinner | Season 3 Episode 8 - "Part VIII"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Another season come to an end. This one, although not unexpectedly, still left me speechless. I really was not expecting the things to go down the way they did so, for that, I'm really happy. However, the ending itself was pretty sad and... I'm a bit torn.
After last week's events, we knew this was going to go on a different direction. This whole season was a bit different from the previous two, but I still loved it (unlike most people, from what I've seen). Heck, I liked this season better than the last one. I think this was way more clear and the characters were more interesting. I can't say enough praises to Matt Bomer! He was phenomenal in this role and he really should get an Emmy for this. But, back to the plot itself, we knew Jamie was about to go on a dark path and so... That's what he did.
The episode starts with Detective Ambrose finding the body of his Superior. Pretty soon they realize that Jamie is going after people that matter to Harry and the next in line are Eli, Melanie and Sonya.
I must say, I'm a bit disappointed that Sony didn't have much to do with this plot. You could take her out of the season and it wouldn't really matter, in my opinion, but I'll get past that.
So, with that, Harry and the police keep an eye of every one of those people. We see that Jamie tries to do something to Eli but instead he goes after Sonya. That scene where he's confronting her led me to believe that she was more like him than Harry is, but they didn't really go deep into that so... We don't know. Again, I think her character was a bit of a waste of time.
Then, things get deeper. Jamie goes to Leela and they have a moment through the glass. It really looked to me as a goodbye (which is odd because he didn't know what was going to happen next) and I really felt that moment. That moment really showed that Jamie wasn't a bad person - he was just troubled. He really needed help and the only person that helped him was the wrong one - Nick - and after that, there was no helping. The damage was done and no one could do anything about it.
Post that, Jamie calls Ambrose from Eli's phone and that's when everything comes crashing down. Harry goes after Jamie, there's a big and deep confrontation, they fight and Harry really tries to get under Jamie's skin. And I think he manages to. That scene where Harry is shouting and Jamie just doesn't know what to do, again, just shows how human Jamie is and that he didn't want to do what he was doing, he was just lost. Unfortunately, things don't go down as planed and after a chase, back at the house, after another confrontation Harry has had enough of it and just shoots Jamie. That really was the breaking point an after that everything goes downhill.
The shot wound was worst than they thought and, even though Harry calls for the police and the ambulance, there's no way Jamie is going to make it. I must say, I was hopeful. I could see in Jamie's eyes, again, that he was suffering and he really didn't want to die (as he said). You could see in Matt Bomer's performance that Jamie was suffering and he was realizing that he loved life, he loved to live and... There was no time left. And it didn't.
Jamie died and Harry broke as well after seeing Jamie struggle and wanting to live. And that's it. That's the end of the season.
I think this episode was packed with emotion and, overall, I think this whole season was pretty intense. Yes, there could've been a bit more and more mystery, but up until episode 6 I kept having questions and I loved that about the season. I'm pretty happy with it!
Let me know what you thought of the season. Did you like it? Did you not? Why not? How does this season compare to the last ones? Tell me everything and I'll see you sometime with a new rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment