Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Challenge: Total Madness | Season 35 Episode 1 - "Mad World"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
I'm back with The Challenge rants, and what a perfect time for this series to be back! I feel like this was exactly what we needed right now - some 'mindless' TV that is entertaining, somehow educational and just fun! And, from the looks of it, this is going to be an hell of a season! (I know, I say this basically in the beginning of every The Challenge season but this one... Looks really promising!).
There are so many changes this time around. I really can't wait to talk about them so, let's not waste any time.
First things first - I guess they really payed attention to what the fans have been saying and they didn't waste any time. They jumped right away to the actual challenge and only after that we got to know a bit more about the players, mainly the new ones. The challenge itself wasn't that groundbreaking but you couldn't really ask for much because of all the players involved. I don't know if I just didn't pay much attention to it but it looks like this season they have a lot more players - 28. And, unlike some previous seasons, they didn't get rid of any in that first challenge (aka it wasn't a purge). Instead, it was an actual challenge, that lead to a tribunal, nominations and elimination - the whole thing. But before we get to the nominations an such, let's talk about their living conditions.
Finally they did something different with that. Instead of the 'usual' mansion, this time they're living in an underground bunker, with little to none 'pleasure' things (even though they have a pretty nice gym space and an inside pool). I liked that 'twist'. It makes the things more interesting and I bet this time they won't be going out to parties and such, which might just mean that there's going to be a lot more fights, because they're all inside this bunker, at all times.
The second main difference of the season is an unexpected alliance. Wes and Bananas. That's right, this two are teaming up and now all the others players have to be scared. If they were good by themselves, together they're going to make the perfect game and, even though I don't care much for Wes, I can't wait to see this thin unfold. The truth is, this whole 'vendetta' between them was just for fun now. It was obvious that they weren't 'enemies' for real, neither inside nor outside the house. It was pretty much only for the sake of the series and because it was 'tradition'. I'm kind of glad they are done with that and that they're teaming up.
And well, the last main difference of the season is really that, in order to get to the final, you must go to elimination. There's no free rides this season. That is huge and it's really going to impact the way they used to play this game. Now, everyone is going to want to go to elimination. And, if I were them, I would try to go as soon as possible because the possibilities of going against someone 'big' are less likely. 
As for the new players and the ones to go to elimination, before I end the review, I didn't care much for the Tribunal (Cory, Rogan and Jenny) and they went with the usual 'Rookies' thing (Asaf against Jay). Even though I liked both of them, you know, I'm a sucker for the underdog so I wanted Jay to win and he did, so I'm happy. And unless he does some dumb sh*t throughout the season, he's becoming one of my favorites. So, as of now, I'm rooting for Bananas (obvious), Jenna, Jenny, Mattie and Jay. That's it!
Let me know what you thought of this new season and who are you rooting for right now and I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment