Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 16 - "So Long and Goodnight"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
So, The Flash is back with a new episode but, unfortunately, with one of the worst episodes I've seen lately.
There's so many things that I disliked about this episode but, overall, I think it was more on a technical level. Still, the story is really boring to me and I've said that before. Ever since the Crisis I feel like they were lost on which direction the show would take. They've been stuck for so long on the 'Barry is missing' thing that once that didn't happen, they didn't know what to do - mainly with Barry. And, because of that, and because of all the people that wanted more Iris (not me though) they created an Iris centered story-line which really isn't working.
There's mainly two stories in this episode - Joe's and Ralph's. I'm going to start with the worst one so we end on an happier note.
The story that I found really boring and just lame overall was Joe's story. Not that I disliked that they were targeting Joe, it was just the way the writers put the story. First of all, that first scene with Joe's car accident was really awful - really badly edited. The song choice didn't fit the show at all and where they decided to put it was really odd (in between other things). I don't know, I just felt like it didn't fit the show's identity.
Oh, I must say that I did have to re-watch the episode. Not only because I was kind of distracted when I watched it live but also because I didn't remember much of what was going on - and that is another of my complaints. With all this hiatus, and long hiatus, I don't remember the story anymore. I don't blame them or the hiatus, I know it's not their fault, but they didn't have a previously in the beginning of the episode and so, when it started, I was pretty lost.
But anyway, after that 'first' scene with the car, there's a bunch of other stuff - stuff with Black Hole and with Eva. And, I've said this before but I'm going to say it again - they are really putting Barry on the 'backseat' for this season and I don't know if it's working. The whole thing with Eva and Fake Iris is the worst really. Eva basically has a plan to make Fake Iris make Barry loose his speed and the way Fake Iris acted in this episode... Was so unlike Iris. At this point, I really don't know how anyone caught it yet. She really overreacted, mainly the end, but really throughout the whole episode and, needless to say, I was so annoyed!
And well, there were a few other things that annoyed me and, in my head, didn't make sense - such as Joe calling Cecile Babe?! That was really odd to me. Then, with the bomb, they clearly had time to run away but... Oh well... Rag Doll was a nice touch though, because he really is that creepy and I like the vibes he brings to the show but, once again, way too many characters popping into the episode for no apparent reason. Not only that but also their acting. I feel like the people who didn't have a big part in this episode, their acting was really off (Nash, Cecile and Allegra).
It was a really awful episode and the cherry on top was that ending. OMG that ending was the most over-dramatic thing I've ever seen. Joe's going to witness protection, okay... What's the big deal?! They all were acting like he was going to die or something and, again, the score they chose was really off - way too dramatic. And don't even get me started on the whole Iris thing like... That was so unnecessary... Jesus!
Luckily, Ralph was in this episode to kind of save it. Okay, I might be a bit biased but his story-line really was the best part of the episode. I loved the whole thing with Cisco, with Cisco meeting Sue. Cisco is clearly and Ralph/Sue shipper (do they have a name yet?). I must say, I was kind of afraid I wouldn't like her because I love Ralph so much but I think they look pretty cute together and I can't wait to see where they go from here.
Well, this are my thoughts on the latest The Flash episode. I know I was really harsh on it but I'm just being real here. This season really took a turn for me and I feel like without Arrow, The Flash lost it's magic (not that it has anything to with Arrow but it's just a 'coincidence'). Let me know what you thought of the episode and I'll see you tomorrow with a The Challenge rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment