Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2023

The Challenge: USA | Season 2 Episode 14 - "The Pursuit of Glory"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Here we are with the last episode of Season Two and OMG! I'm actually so happy with this outcome!

If you've read my previous post you know who I was rooting for the most (if you know me well, you also kno who my all time favourite is) but you also know that I would be happy with almost all the guys winning (apart from Fessy) and that the girl I wanted to win the most was Desi! Well, I got everything that I wanted!

But let's rewind a bit and talk about each section of the final.

First of all, this final took place in two days, which is kind of "easy" for The Challenge standards. Second, although it was an interesting touch, the first day was full of what they called "Trials", in which they had to complete 4 challenges that focused in different areas - Intelligence, Strenght, Strategy and Eating (it was nice that they added the eating one because I think that's a Challenge staple and they haven't done eating challenges as much lately). All of this also dealt with penalties and they could gamble if they could win one of the trials and if so they would win advantages for the second day. Long story short, basically everyone got 1 minute head start, apart from Bananas who got 2 minutes, Chanelle who got -1 and Cory who got -5 minutes, which really took a toll on him.

Second day was the one that I consider "the real final", with them going up a mountain and having checkpoints in the middle. And those checkpoints were the ones to determinate who would win, because the first one made Fessy loose the advantage he had and then, on his own fault, he went the wrong way so he had to go back and by the time he got to the 2nd checkpoint he was the last one so he was eliminated. And basically the same thing happened to Tori (minus the going the wrong way and whatnot).

So, after the second checkpoint, those who were able to "win" that checkpoint got a "car" to ride in till the next checkpoint, and everyone but Bananas got that advantage (Michaela didn't want to wait so she just decided to walk all the way which, ultimately, cost her the final because she felt sick and had to give up).

With all of this, there only remained people that I liked and I'm so happy that Chris and Desi won! Obviously I would like to see Bananas win, but Chris really deserved it and I can say confidently that Chris just became one of my all time favourites and I can't wait for him to be in the main show - I think he can beat a lot of the usual players and the Vets (heck, he beat Wes!).

And I guess that's basically it for this Season of The Challenge: USA. Let me know what you thought of the final (personally, I thought it was kind of easy, but I liked that it wasn't a pairs thing and the weight being personalized to each person was good as well) and what you thought of the Winners! I'll see you in a bit with the First Episode of the new main The Challenge Season!

Love,
Daniela 

No comments:

Post a Comment