Pages

Friday, September 14, 2018

American Horror Story: Apocalypse | Season 8 Episode 1 - "The End"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Here we are with a brand new American Horror Story season!
This was a season that got everyone really hyped, because this was the Coven/Murder House crossover - the crossover that everyone was waiting for. And, because of that, and because Coven and Murder House are the ones that the fans like the most (I like Murder House, Coven not so much) so everyone was waiting for this season with really high expectations. I can't say I wasn't excited, but I wasn't like that hyped - of course I want to see Violet and Tate back (and they are going to be in this season) but, maybe because I wasn't the biggest fan of Coven, I wasn't as excited as everyone else. I guess that's a good thing though, so I don't have my hopes up. Anyway, right of the batch I can say that this first episode met my expectations - I think it was good to set things up, get to know the new characters but still have some questions about the whole thing. Also, this first episode already had something that I wasn't expecting - Michael Langdon. I can say that this character is the one that I'm most curious and excited about, and I wasn't expecting him right in the first episode. Yes, it was only in the very end, but I wasn't expecting him at all, so that was nice.
So, as the title of the episode says, this first episode is The End, the end of the world were, in the future, nuclear missile destroy the world and start a nuclear winter.
With this happening, of course some people had to survive, and those people are the new characters that we meet - Coco, Mallory, Mr. Gallant and Evie (the later being one of my favorites right away just because she brings a little of light to the whole chaos with her humor).
As well as this characters, we also meet two young characters that are saved by an organization called the Cooperative, who rescue young adults based on their genetic makeup (for what, still remains to be answered). This two young adults - Timothy and Emily - are sent to Outpost 3 were they, as well as us, the audience, meet a few more characters - Mrs. Venable (played by Sarah Paulson) and Kathy Bates' character (who I can't remember the name of).
When they arrive at Outpost 3, that's when we see that that's where Coco and were crew ended up as well. And, as expected, some creepy things go down in that place. There's still a lot more that we need to find out although I don't know if were getting to see a lot more of this place since, in the very end of the episode, like I mentioned before, Michael Langdon arrives saying that there's another place were they can go, but there's a catch - he's going to see who's worthy of going and, who isn't, is just going to die so... I'm expecting some deaths in the next episode - maybe Coco or Evie... 
I also have a feeling that the place Michael Langdon is talking about is the Coven house. I haven't seen that season in a while so I can't be sure but we don't really know if the house has a bunker or something or the witches can just do some magic spell to protect the house from all the nuclear fall out. 
I don't know... There's also the possibility that he's talking about the Murder House I mean, it's the place where he was born and maybe he still lives there... All I know is that there has to be some type of connection and I just can't wait for that.
I'm really curious about Michael Langdon, his character is so intriguing and most of us have been wondering about him for years so I can't wait to dive deeper into that. Also, I think Cody Fern is perfect for the role. I really liked him in American Crime Story and I can't wait to see what he does with Michael Langdon.
Anyway, this are my thoughts on the season premiere, let me know yours!
As usual, I'll see you next week with a new rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment