Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 21 - "Cause and Effect"


Spoiler Alert!

Such a good episode!
I'm sorry to start of just like that but I really enjoyed this episode!
With how the last episode ended, I wasn't really sure how things were gonna go, but I just wish the end of last episode was just like this episode, because it was really good!
I had already seen some interviews about this episode and I knew that we were going to find out all about how Savitar is Barry from the future and that was exactly what happened.
I'm not really good at explaining this things because I didn't really understand it completely but I'm going to try. So, apparently Savitar is a time remnant of Barry, created by his future self while fighting Savitar. And, after being shunned by Team Flash, he became depressed and decided to ran back in time to ultimately become Savitar.
Also, he explains that he needs to kill Iris in order to make the Present Barry create him (Savitar) in the future.
Then, comes the big part of the episode and, personally, my favourite - no memory Barry.
So, since Savitar is Barry from the future, he knows every single thing that Barry is going to do in order to stop him, which means he's always one step ahead. Then, Cisco thinks of plan! If Barry can't remember what they are doing, neither will Savitar, so they try to stop Barry from creating new memories but, of course, something goes wrong and Barry ends up loosig his memory.
Savitar also looses his memories resulting in Wally loosing his powers, since Savitar never gave him them.
Apart from that, obviously something has to happen on top of that.
It happens that Barry needs to testify against a pyromaniac named Lucious Coolidge but, the thing is, Barry doesn't remember anything. Obviously Cisco and Julian try to do something about it but obviously something goes wrong and Barry is unable to testify against him which sets Lucious free.
It's also in this episode that we get a glimpse of 'Good Killer Frost' because she goes to Team Flash in order to help Barry and consequently help Savitar. So she teams up with Cisco and Julian and Cisco tries something that gets into her, even though she doesn't totally get back to just being Caitlin but, just like I said, her get a glimpse of what will probably be happening in the last episode.
Back to Coolidge, since he was free, obviously he gets back to his bad habits and starts a fire somewhere and, Barry being Barry, even without his memories, says that he needs to help those people and goes there, unfortunately, he can't really do anything because he doesn't know how to work with his powers. That's when Cisco tries the thing that him, Julian and Killer Frost had been working on and it kind of works, Iris just needed to help Barry access some of his deep memories and, in the end, Barry, with Wally's help, gets to stop the fire.
Meanwhile all of this is happenin, H.R. and Tracy finally develop their romance and, I must say, it was pretty cute!
Then, in the very end, Tracy finally shows the team the completed Speed Force trap, which requires a high amount of energy. It then cuts to a scene in a room that has some technology from the Dominators, as well as King Shark.
So, basically, next episode is going to be then trying to get that technology and the very last episode of the season finally them fighting Savitar.
I'm really excited for this final episodes. Although I didn't like the reveal of Savitar being Future Barry, I still think it's going to be interesting how this is going to develop so.. I'm excited.
Let me know what you thought about the episode and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment