Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Supernatural | Season 12 Episode 21 - "There's Something About Mary"


Spoiler Alert!

A little bit late with this rant but hey, here it is!
I feel like this was a great episode overall. We are getting closer to the end (actually, there's only going to be two more episodes that are going to air on the same day so it's basically just one episode) so obviously things are going to get a lot more interesting. But not just that, we had a lot story development as well as basically all our favourite character (apart from Cas, he wasn't around again).
But yeah, we had to start with something really sad, Eileen's death.
I must say that I didn't remember her that well before this past episode where she was in, but I was really enjoying her character and I was kind of shipping her with Sam, so that was sad. I must've predicted it, to be honest. After she killed that British Men of Letters guy it was clear that something was going to happen to her and it did, in the beginning of this episode. Basically Crowley gave Mr. Ketch an hellhound and it killed Eilleen.
Meanwhile, we see what has been happening to Mary, after we see Toni back in the end of the previous episode. I need to say that it was pretty confusing. I didn't know what was true and what was not but, apparently, Mary did kill one of her hunters friends, which is pretty sad. And, after finding out about that, she tries to kill herself and even asks Mr. Ketch to kill her, but he says that everything will be over soon and that she'll be thinking just like the British Men of Letters.
Obviously the boys find out about all of what is happening, beginning with Eilleen's death, to which they then find a postal from her saying that she's afraid the British Men of Letters are going after her. She also tells them about them spying on her and that's when the boys search for something on the bunker. They finally find it and set a trap, capturing Toni. That is when they find about basically everything. About what is happening to Mary, about Mary's relationship with Mr. Ketch, about all the hunter's deaths and also about Mick's death (which I will never forget).
They get back to the bunker but Mr. Ketch is already there with some mercenaries. Sam and Dean get to kill the mercenaries but then Mary shows up, already brainwashed, and frees Mr. Ketch. 
Mr. Ketch then seals them in the bunker to suffocate to death, along with Toni so he will be in charge of the American operation permanently.
The episode basically ends like that, but while all of this is happening, there's also something going on with Crowley and Lucifer.
Crowley tries to get Lucifer to reveal his son's location since Dagon is dead and he believes Castiel will want the child dead. Obviously, Lucifer being Lucifer, doesn't give Crowley anything. Instead, he finds out that the warding that binds his vessel to Crowley can work both ways, then taking control of Crowley and stabbing him. Just as this is happening, we see Crowley looking at a rat and then, as the other demons take Crowley's body to somewhere else, we also see that same rat following the body so, we basically know that Crowley got himself inside that rat so, no fear, Crowley is not dead.
And yeah, basically the episode ends and Lucifer is free to find his son.
Like I said, next episode(s) will be a two hour finally, the first part being the British Men of Letters storyline and the second part being the Lucifer storyline, so I'm sure it's going to be huge.
I still think that Lucifer's baby is not good, like we were lead to believe in past episodes and that he is going to be born and it is going to be the villain for next season. I'm a littke bit torn in term of Lucifer because I'm kind of tired about everything being about Lucifer but at the same time I just love Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer so, I don't him to be dead. I don't know... Let me kow what you guys think and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.





No comments:

Post a Comment