Pages

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Supernatural | Season 12 Episode 22 & 23 - "Who We Are" & "All Along the Watchtower"


Spoiler Alert!

So, here I am with the last Supernatural rant this season.
I decided to rant about the two episodes in the same post because they aired one after another, like in a two hour season finale, so I thought it would make sense to put the two episode in the same rant.
Unfortunatelly, I wasn't able to watch the episode(s) live yesterday because I was filming all day and I was too tired, but I watched today and Oh My God when I thought Supernatural couldn't be better the throw this at me.
I enjoyed so much more the 'second' episode, so I may talk more about that one but let's start with episode 22, which was the ending of the British Men of Letter storyline.
In the beginning, this storyline was a bit boring, but then it got interesting. Unfortunatelly, I think there wasn't much they could do with it, that's why they ended it just like this and not in a 'so exciting' way.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a lot of things in that episode but it wasn't my favourite.
Anyway, we start the episode basically where we left off. We see that Mary went after the other hunters and is going towards Jody Mills.
Luckily, when Mary arrives there, Alex is also there and gets to help Jody subdue Mary.
Meanwhile, Sam, Dean and Toni are still locked up in the bunker. We see them trying to escape through two days but with no luck. That's when the thing that everyone was so excited about is finally put to use - Dean's grenade launcher! That's right guys, Dean gets to use the grenade launcher and that's what saves their life, because that is the reason why Dean was able to escape to hit the bunker's manual override.
After that, they head over to Jody Mills' house, after she tells them what happened with Mary.
That's also when they arrive there that Toni reveals that she can't undo what she did to Mary. Instead, Dean has Toni help him enter Mary's mind where he finds her trapped in a memory of 1983.
In order to undo the brainwashing, Dean starts saying that Mary ruined his life and so one and so one and that was the part that really made me cry. Seriously, that scene was so good but so hard to watch the same time. Applaus to Jensen because he really did an amazing job, not only in that scene, but that scene was seriously incredible.
Something that was also incrdible was Sam's speech to get all the remaining hunters to help and fight the British Men of Letters. That was also remarkable and, althought this episode wasn't the best, it sure had really good moments!
It was also good to she the outcome of it, which, in case you were wondering, Sam and the hunters did win the fight. Oh, that is also when he learns about Lucifer being free.
Back in the bunker, we see Dean being pulled out of Mary's mind and that's when we see Mr. Ketch and we see that he killed Toni. That was shocking to me because I wasn't expecting it at all.
Then, obviously, comes the fight between Dean and Ketch, which was also excitng and, nothing predictable, as Mr. Ketch is about to kill Dean, Mary wakes up, as her 'normal self' and shoots Mr. Ketch. She then kills him and, as much as I liked it, I really wanted to be Dean to kill him but I guess this way is fine too.
And everything seems to end well (at least in this episode,)
Until Sam tells Dean and Mary about Lucifer, and that's when episode 23 starts.
We see the boys trying to find a way to stop Lucifer and, of course, their first thought is to call Rowena, so they do that.
Unfortunatelly, who answers is Lucifer himself, saying that he killed Rowena. Right away I was shocked because I've been asking for Rowena all this time just to now find out that she's dead?! They didn't even let us say goodbye! It can't be, I just refuse to have her dead like this!
Anyway, they talk to Lucifer and after that, they decide that, since they really can't stop him, the only way is to try to find Cass and Kelly and keep them away from Lucifer. So they start looking for weird events, because that's a sign that a nephilim is about to be born.
That's when Crowley appears and we see that he wasn't dead. We all basically already knew that he wasn't but, for those that were distracted, they do explain how he's alive so, that's also good.
Meanwhile, where Cass and Kelly are staying, Cass finds a rift that the baby opened, which leads to an alternate post-apocalyptic reality resulting from the Winchesters having never been born.
The Winchesters are eventually able to locate Cass and Kelly and, that's when they arrive, that Cass show they the alternate  reality, where they meet an alternate reality Bobby Singer.
After that, Crowley shows up (again) and that's when they think of a plan.
We don't see them discussing this plan, but what we see next is very clear, they are going to try and lock Lucifer in that alternate reality.
So, in order to do that Bobby gives them a machine gun capable of killing angels so that they can use against Lucifer to buy some time while Crowley and Sam perform a spell to seal the rift. The only thing is, in order to perform that spell, someone has to die and, right away, when Crowley says that I think that he's going to scrifice himself. Guess what he does? Yes, exactly that.
I was shocked, really! And, as if that wasn't enough, Lucifer is able to follow them out of the rift and he kills Castiel before it closes! Like, what the hell is happening in this show?! I'm sure they are going to do something to get this characters back but... Seriously, I wasn't expecting none of this and just to imagine them really dead... I can't! I need to have Rowena, Crowley and Castiel back! 
But it doesn't end here guys! Mary then shows up and, after fighting Lucifer, she gets him through the rift, trapping him, but in the process, she traps herself in there too and the rift just closes.
And, as we're about to end the episode, we see Dean mourn Castiel's death and Sam goes inside the house to find Kelly dead and Lucifer's son already born, and with the appearance of a teenager. And it just ends like that!
Supernatural always end their seasons like this and this is really painful because now I'll have to wait 5 months to know what is going to happen!
Seriousyl, this season finale was incredible and it left me with so many questions! The biggest of them all obviously is 'are we getting our characters back?', because I just don't want them dead, I just can't.
Anyway, I think that's it guys. Huge season finale!
Let me know all your thoughts and Supernatural rants only in 5 months time (saddly).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment