Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 23 - "Finish Line"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Unfortunately this is the last The Flash rant this season. Also unfortunate is the rant that I bring you.
Yes, I didn't like the finale the much. I mean, it's not that I didn't like it, it is just that this episode was too predictable. Basically everything in this episode was predictable.
Like the freak that I am, obviously I've been reading/watching some review from other people throughout the season and there's a channel that I really enjoy (JUICEfromthebox) that predicted this whole episode so this wasn't a surprise for me, starting with the beginning.
Everyone knew that Iris wasn't really dead, she couldn't be. Still, I saw some people really believing that she was but I think those people were just dumb. I'm sorry but that's what I think. It was pretty obvious that something was going to happen so she wasn't really dead and, right after watching and reviewing last week's episode, I went to Juice's youtube channel to see what he had to say about the episode because, like I said, I really enjoy his reviews, and he basically predicted what happened.
He said that H.R. switched places with Iris with that tech that he has and that he was the one that died. Guess what happened? Exactly that.
Then, because Iris didn't die, everything from the future was going to change, which meant Savitar would disapear because Iris didn't die so he was never created. To prevent that, he kidnaped Cisco and forced him to rebuild the Bazooka into an intradimentional quantum splicer so that Savitar could create fragments of himself to be dispersed throughout time and protect himself from the paradox.
Then comes the only part that I wasn't expecting and, to be honest, the part that I enjoyed the most.
Connecting to last episode, Barry remembers something that Snart said about him (Barry) always being the hero, so he decides to help Savitar so the time paradox don't catch to him.
Then, Savitar goes to STAR Labs and meets everyone and that was the moment that I started to like Savitar, after all, he's just Barry but a little bit evil (and you know how I like evil guys). I loved his interaction with Iris but, unfortunatelly, all of that was part of Savitar's plan to get inside STAR Labs, and destroy it with the philospher's stone.
Back to his 'lair', he orders Caitlin/Killer Frost to kill Cisco but Gypse appears and saves him, taking him to somewhere else.
Then, Savitar goes on with his plan. Opens a portal, through which Black Flash appears to take him, but Caitlin destroys him with her powers.
Savitar attempts to carry on with the plan but it's revealed that Cisco actually modified the Bazooka into a skeleton key to free Jay from the Speed Force prison.
That's when the battle begins. Wally, Barry and Jay face off Savitar while Cisco and Gypsy face off Caitlin and, when Cisco is about to 'kill' Caitlin, he gives her the serum that Julian showed in the beginning of the episode, that could turn her back to 'just Caitlin'. 
She doesn't take the serum but she kind of becomes her old self and, when Savitar is about to kill Cisco, that's her who saves him.
After that, Barry phases through Savitar's suit and destroys it. He lets Savitar live but, as soon as Barry turns his back on him, Savitar is about to go after Barry and that's when Iris shoots Savitar, kills him and he's erased from existence.
We then move on to some scene which were kind of leaked - the HR funeral scene.
In that scene, Caitlin appears and tells the Team that she decided not to use the serum and then leaves them in order to find her own purpose.
Then, when everything seems alright, something happens, and here comes something that was, again, so predictable and that actually, again, Juice predicted.
A storm appears over Central City, created by the Speed Force. Why? Because the prison doesn't have anyone in there since Savitar is dead and Jay got out.
If you could see me right now... I'm seriously rolling my eyes because this was so predictable.
Of course Barry then says that he should go to the prison because he created Flashpoint and it's because of him that all of this happened. And so he does and that's how the episode and season end.
It really pains me to say that I didn't like this season finale but that's the truth.
Like I said, it's not that it was bad, it was just predictable. But I guess when a TV show is predictable, that is bad, that means the writers aren't really doing a good job. I mean, if it was just one or two people guessing this ending... But no, it was basically the whole fandom and that's not good.
Next season looks like it's going to have a good storyline because it's going to be hard to get Barry out of the Speed Force so let's see how they're going to do this,
Anyway, this is may opinion about the season finale. I'm sorry if this wasn't what you were expecting but, like I said in previous rants, I'm here to be real and say my true opinion about the episodes, and this is what I felt so, I'm sorry if you didn't like it.
Let me know what you thought about the episode and I'll see you in a few hours with a new The Challenge rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment