Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Arrow | Season 5 Episode 21 - "Honor Thy Fathers"


Spoiler Alert!

Just like promised, here I am with a new Arrow rant.
And it is back a another great episode!
Lately I've been loving Arrow's episodes. Last week it was mainly because of Felicity but, overall, I've been loving basically every episode and, this one, I must admit, I loved having Adrian back!
Actually, we start the episode right with him. Not exactly him, but mentioning him and the fact that his proscutions were discredited, which means a lot of criminals on the loose (a bit like The Flush, huh?). After that, we move to a scene that I've already seen in a preview with Oliver receiving a box in his Mayor's office that came from Adrian, which has a body in it, identified as Henry Goodwin.
We then find out that Goodwin was killed by Oliver's father, shocking Thea (who is back from this episode) and Oliver, who decides to tell the press.
Meanwhile, one of the criminals that is on the loose is working on something a bit shady, which them Team Arrow deduces that he's working with Adrian in order to release Claybourne's weaponized tuberculosis in Star City.
Then, comes my favourite part of the episode - Oliver/Adrian.
Team Arrow finds where Sampson (the criminal) is keeping that bomb and, while Diggle, Dinah, Curtis and Wild Dog deal wit Sampson, Oliver encounters Chase and starts a fight between them.
Sampson is captured and Curtis defuses the bomb.
In the mean time, Oliver is still 'fighting' with Adrian and then seriously comes my favourite part.
Oliver tells Adrian that his father was about to disown him due to his mental condition, which switches somethin in Adrian that he basically just gives up. Although I do think that was just a plan (maily because of how the episode ended), I loved seeing him a bit vulnerable. What can I say, I love a 'bad boy' in his vulnerable state so... Yes, I liked that scene mainly because I just that's cute/hot and I don't feel ashamed to say that I was (and kind o still am) rooting a little bit for Chase... At least, I hope they don't kill him off.
Actually, I didn't want to jump this ahead but heck yeah, I'm just going to do it.
So, basically Adrian tells Oliver to kill him, to which Oliver refuses and instead just puts him in prison, in an Argus prison.
And here comes my thought...  I seriously wouldn't mind if this was really how the Adrian storyline 'ended' because this would mean that he was still alive and in ARGUS, which also means that they could bring him back for some other episode. I just don't want him dead so I like this ending.
Also, I think that this could be how it ends because of the flashbacks that we had in this episode and how they ended, with Kovar being alive and basically 'kidnapping' Oliver. So, this might mean that the Adrian Chase chapter is closed and that the last two episodes are going to be about Kovar... I don't know, this are just my thoughts, but that's a possibility.
Anyway, but because this episode wasn't just about Oliver and Adrian, we also had two other storylines, Thea being back and dealing with what his father has been doing, which I think was a bit unnecessary and also Rene's storyline, who refused to testify in Zoe's court in order not to upset her, leading to the judge dismissing his claim.
And yeah, that was basically it.
In my opinion, it was a pretty good episode and I seriously can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
I'm expecting a big thing in the final episode (which I know isn't next week) so I don't know what it is going to be about. Part of me wants Adrian to get out of ARGUS and have a thicker plan, because this was a bit too easy and I also want to see more of him but other part of him just wants him being in ARGUS and not dead so, I don't know. Let's see what happens.
Let me know your thoughts about this episode and which are your predictions for the final two episodes.
I'll see you guys in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment