Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Arrow | Season 5 Episode 22- "Missing"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Here I am with a brand new Arrow rant. A little bit late, but it is here.
This is the penultimate episode of the season and, although I think this was just a set up for the finale, and there wasn't much about it, I enjoyed.
I'm going to 'cut the crap' and just say the truth. You already know that I freaking love Adrian Chase, so basically everyone episode that he's in is going to be a good one for me, and this one was the case.
The episode didn't have much but I just love Chase and I can't help it but mainly be into the episode because of him. 
Of course there was a lot of other moments that I enjoyed like the beginning of the episode with Oliver and Felicity in Oliver's Birthday Party and all the cute stuff. And I liked specially the fact that they are in fact trying to get back together, so that fills my Olicity shipper heart.
Like I said, the episode start with this but soon everything turns upside down when we see Curtis being kidnapped and find out that Rene and Dinah were kidnapped as well. Which means that Rene didn't go to the meeting with the judge because he was kidnapped, which is already better than he just not showing up.
Obviously they find out right away that this was Adrian's plan all along (just like I said in my previous rant) and that's when Oliver goes talk to him and we see that scene that was released earlier with Chase actually 'pretending' to be Oliver and actually knowing what he was going to say. I gotta say that I really enjoyed that scene. Josh Segarra is really good as Adrian Chase! Love it!
After that, Thea and Quentin are also kidnapped, this time by Black Siren and Evelyn (that bitch), still following Adrian's 'orders' and that's when Malcolm Merlyn shows up to Oliver wanting to help him, because Thea was kidnapped.
That was actually a surprise for me because I've seen him in the previews for the finale and such and I really thought that he was going to be on Adrian's team. But, to be honest, this makes sense. Only because of Thea though, but yeah, I kind of liked that.
Oliver and Malcolm try to kidnap Chase but that's when he reveals that he also kidnapped William, Oliver's son, and because of that Oliver is forced to free him.
Felicity and Diggle are also kidnapped, by Talia and the League of Assassins, which leads to Oliver recruiting Nyssa to help him and Malcolm fight Chase 'and his friends'.
This is when we get to the end of the episode.
Oliver than finds out that Adrian took everyone that he kidnapped to Lian Yu, to which, of course, Oliver flies there, with Malcolm and Nyssa and, the last scene we see, after Oliver arriving is him going to Slade and asking for his help.
We already knew that this was going to happen though. We knew that he was coming back and it wouldn't make sense to have Slade on Adrian's team, so it was obvious that he was going to be on Oliver's Team. Nonetheless, it was exciting and now it's when the fun is gonna start!
I'm seriously really excited for the last episode of this season! This is going to be an huge episode, with basically all the characters on the show (and even previous ones) and it's going to be an epic battle! I just hope they don't kill Adrian. I mean, Oliver said in this episode that he wasn't going to give him that satisfaction so... I assume he won't kill him?! I'm seriously praying he won't kill him because I love Adrian and I think he's such a good character! Besides, Josh is really good (and really hot) and I want to keep him around!
Besides, we know that Black Siren is going to be on the Team so, I'm also curious to know how they are going to do that. Although, I'm not really happy with that decision. I feel like they just can't let an actor go... I'm tired of this 'storyline' and I think they just did this to make Laurel's fans happy. Anyway, I can deal with that...
Before I end this rant, I need to talk a little bit about the flashbacks, which weren't amazing, but were interesting enough.
We saw Oliver with Kovar, after he kidpanned him. Kovar injects a drug on Oliver that makes him suffer with flashbacks to times he killed or watched others die over the last five years. After everything, he still manages to escape.
I don't know if we'll have flashbacks in the next episode, but I'd like to see some parts of the very first episode of Arrow. I think that would be cool.
That's it guys.
Overall, it was a nice episode. Not my favourite, but Adrian makes everything better (I'm sorry to keep mentioning him, I just like him too much).
Let me know your thoughts and predictions for the season finale and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment