Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Supernatural | Season 12 Episode 12 - "Stuck in the Middle (With You)"


Spoiler Alert!

I'm going to start this post by saying that this was probably my favourite episode this season, so far!
I swear, this season is getting better and better!
In the beginning I wasn't really into this season, I mean, I was liking it, but it didn't feel like the other seasons but, since the midseason episode this season have been great and it's starting to be one of my favourite seasons! I feel like right now they have pretty good storylines and the episodes have been so interesting and a lot like the first seasons, so I'm loving it!
So, this episode was something! And when I say this I mean it was really good and with so many things going one. First of all, this episode was directed by Richard Speight, Jr. aka The Trickester so, you can already imagine that it's going to amazing! The Trickester has been one of my favourite characters in the series and I always love the episodes where is in. In fact, my favourite episode of the whole series is episode 8 of Season 5 - "Changing Channels", when he traps Sam and Dean in multiple tv shows so, you can imagine that this was going to be a good episode.
Anyway, so this episode has a pretty different type of editing, in a way that it changes the times and the point of view of the different through out the whole episode, a bit like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.
The episode basically starts with all of them, Sam, Dean, Castiel, Mary and another hunter, Wally, in a diner planning an ambush for a demon.
Like I said, the episode changes point of views through the whole episode, so it's going to be a little bit difficult to explain it, but I'm going o try my best.
So, they do the ambush on that demon and during it, Mary steals something from him.
Their plan don't really work out. The demon isn't injured with anything they have and that's when we see that he has yellow eyes. Right away I thought of Azazel! I was like, "Did I miss something?", "Is Azazel still alive?". But then, later on the episode, we find out that it isn't Azazel, but Ramiel, a prince of hell.
So, they're introducing another 'issue' to deal with, and that's why I think this season is getting better and better, because now we have basically three things to deal with, Lucifer's baby, The Men of Letters and now the Princes of Hell.
But anyway, back to the episode...
So, in that ambush, Castiel ends up injured, when the demon/prince of hell attacks him with a lance, and Wally also dies because a lot of other demons appear.
They defeat those other demons but Ramiel gets away. They then go to a barn because Castiel is seriously injured and that's when Crowley appears and let us know all about the Princes of Hell.
Because this episode had different point of views, we also had a flashback to how all of this began and how Crowley became King of Hell. So, basically Ramiel should be King of Hell, and that's when, after Azazel and Lilith's death, Crowley goes to Ramiel and gives him the crown of hell, alongside with the lance that injured Castiel, and that we then learn it's the Lance of Michael, which kills the bad guys instantaneously and the good guys slowly and painfully, he also gives him the object that Mary stole and that, in this moment, we still don't know what it is. Anyway, Ramiel refuses the crown and gives it to Crowley instead, to which he obviouslt accepts. But, because everything comes with a price, Ramiel says that he and the remaining two princes of hell want to be left alone and that if someone disturbes them, Crowley will be the one to pay for it, and that's why there were more demons attacking Sam and Dean.
Ramiel then arrives at the Barn and, from what I understood, if it wasn't for the thing Mary stole, he wouldn't really care about them but, since they stole from him, he was going to kill them, unless they gave him what they stole. 
At this point, neither Sam, Dean or Castiel knew that Mary stole something so they didn't give him anything but, Mary knew it and still she didn't say a thing.
I'm really disappointed at Mary and, in a way, I kind of wish she had died when Reaper Billy wanted to kill one Winchester. I feel like this isn't the Mary that I was hoping for. She still is better than John, in my opinion, but I don't like her as much as I thought I would.
Anyway, in the end, Sam ends up killing Ramiel with the Lance of Michael and then Crowley realises a way to 'cure' Castiel, breaking the Lance, which it does.
I just want to mention something else before I end the rant... That Castiel speech about how the Winchesters are a family to him... Oh My God, so cute! I was almost in tears at that moment! Seriously, loved it!
So, back to the rant... The very last thing that we see in the episode is Mary meeting with Mr. Ketch, which let us know that she did accept the deal in last week's episode, and giving him the object that she stole for him - The Colt! The freaking colt! Seriously, I completely forgot that thing still existed! And, obviously, Mary doesn't really know what already happened Seasons ago with that colt so... It's going to be interesting with the brothers find out that she stole it from Ramiel and that she has it (which I assume she will be the one to keep it).
Then, the episode ends with something really exciting - Mark Pellegrino is back! That's right, Crowley is keeping Lucifer prisioner in a small cage and in the very end we see that it's our old uncle Lu! I'm really happy about that! I wasn't really feeling the others Lucifers so I'm really excited to have Mark Pellegrino back as our OG Lucifer!
And, yes guys, that's basically it!
Like I said, so much is going on right now! We see in the preview that someone is going to be interested in Lucifer's baby, which we all think it's the other Prince of Hell, Dagon and we also see that there's going to be issues with Mr. Ketch. 
I'm excited to keep on with this Lucifer's baby storyline, but I think from now on that that storyline is going to be a 'second storyline' because I still believe that Lucifer's baby is going to be the main storyline in Season 13 so, they are going to keep mentioning it, but I think not as much.
I'm also excited to see how are the true intentions of the Men of Letters because they are, for sure hiding something. And, with the comeback of OG Lucifer and with this Princes of Hell storyline, I think we are going to get a little bit more into that storyline and I even think that something is going to happen to Crowley so the brothers have to save him, which I believe they will.
And yeah, that's it guys! Let me know your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you later with a new TVD rant!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment