Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Challenge: Invasion | Season 29 Episode 3 - "Helter Shelter"


Spoiler Alert!

A new episode of The Challenge aired last night so obviously I'm here to talk about it!
This episode, to me, seemed like really short! I know it wasn't, but it just went by very quickly!
Anyway, overall, I really liked this episode! It had pretty cool challenges, it had a good outcome (kind of) and they didn't focus too much on the drama. I know everyone likes to see fights and drama and all that jazz but sometimes it gets too much and they lost the purpose of the show, which is do challenges and win that money. I kind of think they lost themselves a bit in the last two episodes so it was nice to have a break in this one.
We don't have much of an introduction in this episode, just a few scenes of Ashley talking about/with Hunter and flirting and then we move on to the actual challenge.
This challenge had a few different rules then what we are used to. First, the ones that already have a spot in the Oasis don't have to compete, which leaves Tony, Nicole, Kailah and Dario out of this one.
The actual challenge I don't think it was that hard but a little frustrating, because they had to pair (a guy and a girl) and on a coconut shaped boat and get some 'bags' full of coconuts and then throw them in a basket just like you do in basketball (hope you get the idea, because it is really confusing to explain).
And, I guess I should've seen the beginning of the episode like a hint because Ashley and Hunter ended up winning.
Anyway, then comes the second twist. There isn't a losing team. That's right, it's the winning guy and the winning girl that choose who's going to elimination, so Ashely chooses a boy and Hunter chooses a girl. And then, the other two are chosen by the house, just like in the last episode, guys choose the girl and girls choose the guy.
Ashely ends up choosing Theo because Cory knew and wanted to go but wanted to go with the house vote, so he could choose who he's going against and, since Ashley and Cory have been together in a previous Challenge, she respected him and chose one of the two that he say was comfortable going against - Theo or Shane - Ashley ending up choosing Theo. Hunter chooses Jenna because she's friends with Kailah and he doesn't like Kailah. Kind of a lame excuse, to be honest but yeah, I would probably do the same so...
The house then chooses Cory, like he wanted to, and Anika, because she also said she wanted to go in.
Then, the elimination was actually pretty cool! They said it was the hardest elimination ever (which they always say, but yeah) but, to me, it seemed pretty easy, and I'm a girl that is afraid of everything.
They basically had to grab 5 balls and then jump of a cliff (like a really high one) and not drop any of the balls.
This to me seems easy because it's not strenght, it's not endurance it's just courage, and you just have to rely on yourself and anyone else.
Anyway so, the guys are first and Cory is the first one out of the guys. He does the elimination like really fast and yeah, really hard to beat.
Then Theo... He just quits. I think I don't need to say this but TJ gets really pissed (like he always is with quitters) and, to be honest, I don't really like how they treat quitters in the show. I mean, ok, you know what you're getting yourself into but there's some things that aren't just made for yourself, and you might be really good in hiking, and strenght and swimming and then they do something with insects or something like that and you just quit because you can't so, I'm not really a fan of the way they treat quitters because I think, if I was on the show, I would probably quit some challenge but, in this case, I don't get it. Even I said that I would do that challenge/elimination. I would sure as hell be terrified but I would totally do that!
Anyway, then the girls were both pretty good! Both of them got the 5 balls and it had to go to time, Jenna ending up winning!
It wasn't really a surprise for me because in previous for next episodes Jenna was there with Camila so... It wasn't a surprise, but it was nice anyway.
And yeah, next episode is going to be the final one before the Champs arrive and, in my opinion, I even think they arrive in next episode.
My predictions are that next episode won't have an elimination, just one challenge, and two girls and two boys win and then they all go to the Oasis. Then, in the next challenge the Champs appear and that's how the episode ends. Those are my predictions.
In terms of the four people that are going to the Oasis, I really wanted Shane to go there, the others I don't really care, to be honest. I really wanted Amanda to go home because I really hate her but I don't think she's going. My prediction is that the last four to go to the Oasis are Amanda, LaToya, Nelson and Shane, Anthony and Sylvia going home. Those are my predictions.
Let me know your predictions and I'll see you later with a new Arrow rant (because I owe you that one).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment