Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Vampire Diaries | Season 8 Episode 14 - "It's Been a Hell of a Ride"


Spoiler Alert!

So, like promised, here I am with the TVD rant.
I took a bit longer with this one because lately I've been wanting to watch TVD's episodes twice and I was only able to rewatch it tonight, so that's why. But what matters is that the rant is here, so let's get on to it.
Just like this past episodes, this one was another amazing episode! But, with Kai, what would you expect?!
I think I don't need to say this but my favourite part of this episode, once again, was Kai. Unfortunately, this time he didn't have as much scenes and in the previous episode, still they were pretty important and, that last scene, that will talk about later, was epic!
Anyway, we start the episode fiding out what Kai did in the end of last week's episode. Turns out, Kai gave Elena to Cade for some odd reason that I didn't quite understand. This way, Cade basically 'black mails' Damon. Since Damon is basically dying, Cade says that he lets him live and gives him Elena in exchange for the dagger that can kill him, which is with Kai.
To this, Damon and Stefan start working on a plan to get the dagger from Kai and then to give to Cade.
They do find Kai, because Kai has still been tweeting all this time and, I need to talk about this scene. Kai singing! Chris Wood finally sang on the show! I've been waiting for this moment since Season 6 and it finally happened! You don't know how happy I got when I saw that scene! Sure it wasn't the best singing, because I know Chris can sing a lot better but it was still so good to see him sing in the show! Finally Julie heard my prayers and did basically everything that I wanted to happen in season 6.
Anyway, back to the story...
Stefan finds Kai in the Karaoke bar and another part that I loved was Kai finding out about Stefan being human now, that was priceless!
So, Stefan and Damon eventually get Kai and the dagger and they lock him up at the Armory.
Keeping up with the Kai part of the story... I kind of predicted what happened. Caroline did go to Kai for help about the twins but they didn't do a deal or anything, instead, Kai just told Caroline that the reason why they were all over the place with their powers was because they were in the Armory and that Armory not only has a lot of magical things in there but, the actual walls are made of magic, to which Kai siphons that magic, breaks the glass of the room he was in and snaps Caroline's neck and goes after the twins.
The whole scene with him going after the twins was another great scene because it was basically a parallel to when he was after his brothers and Jo. Those scenes, once again, were priceless and this whole episode gave me a lot Kai feels, more than what I already have.
Meanwhile, back to the Cade storyline... Damon and Stefan are going to meet with Cade, but both of them have different plans. Damon plans to just give him the dagger in exchange for Elena, but Stefan planson killing him and ends up enjaction Damon with vervain because he isn't on board with his plan.
Right that moment I thought that was such a bad plan, but turns out, Stefan had an actually pretty good plan, because he had a conversation with Alaric ealier and, when Stefan was meeting with Cade, Alaric rang the Maxwell bell, and that affected Cade, making him weak and givin Stefan a chance to attack him. Unfortunatelly, something had to happen. The twins end up calling Alaric because Kai is after them so, obviously, Alaric just forgets about his 'deal' with Stefan and goes to 'save' his kids.
Obviously, Cade overpowers Stefan and, when he's about to kill him, Damon appears and says that he already has the dagger so he should let them go. Cade agrees, but with a twist. Damon must choose between Elena or Stefan, and set's Elena's coffin on fire.
Bonnie senses that something is wrong, have some visions of Elena's coffin on fire and just leaves to try and find them and what is happening with Elena.
In that moment, I must say, I wasn't worried one bit about Damon, Elena or Stefan. The truth is that they are all in the preview for the final episode, which meant none of them would die, so I was just hoping that Bonnie would get there on time and do something.
Unfortunatelly, she doesn't get there that early, and Damon ends up choosing himself and killing himself.
Then, we see Cade in his 'limbo' place, with Damon and that's when Bonnie arrives. So, now, I think that Damon is going to Bonnie's dimension, because, once again, he's going to be in the final episode, which means that he isn't really going to die. But that's not what happens. Instead, Stefan appears and kills Cade! Stefan freaking kills Cade! That I wasn't expecting at all! I still thought that we had to deal with Cade for one more episode but no, he died and I have to give some props to the special effects team because that scene with Cade dying was so good! Seriously, loved it!
Then, comes my least favourite part of the episode, which was Stefan re-proposing to Caroline, which she accepts. At this moment, there where only about 3 minutes for the episode to end so I thought that they had to have another scene, I big bang to end the episode with, and they did!
In the end, we see Bonnie trapping Kai in another prison world, which is kind of a bummer because I wanted an happy ending for Kai. Nonethelless, it was great because first, we had a Bonkai scene, which I needed, second, Kai isn't really dead, so this leaves the door open for them to bring him to The Originals or something and third, the big reveal at the end!
It turns out Hell isn't really gone and is in someonelse's hands. the myth, the legend, the baddest bitch of all - Katherine Pierce!
That was such a plot twist! I mean, I was really hoping to see Katherine but, Katherine being the one to rule Hell now?! Didn't expect that at all! Which is actually pretty good because I've been making so many theories and, although I like to be right, I like to be surprised as well, so this was really good!
Besides, Kai also said that he lost a bet, which I think was with Katherine and, you know what this means?! Kai and Katherine have been talking in hell! And, although I know we are not having a scene between Kai and Katherine in the actual episodes, I just wanted like a deleted scene of them talking in hell or like one of those videos like the one that Chris and Ian filmed about the Delena rain kiss and that they showed on Comic Con?! I would love to have one of those with Kai and Katherine! Please Julie Plec, make that happen!
Anyway... That's basically it guys. I'm really loving thise season and I just can't believe we are only having two more episodes. This leaves me so sad! I've been depressing so much about the ending of the series. I just know I'm going to be a mess when the series actually ends...But, until then, we still have two more episodes and two more rants so... Stay tuned for that!
Don't forget to let me know which are your thoughts and predictions for the last two episodes and I'll see you tomorrow with the very delayed Arrow rant.
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment