Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 15 - "A Problem of Memory"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello again!
It looked like I took a little longer with a new post. Turns out there was no episode last week because of the 4th of July so I only had a new episode to talk about this week, so here I am!
I have to be honest, I couldn't wait for this episode. Not that it was about the episode, but I just wanted a new episode (mostly because of Sebastian) and, to be fair, this episode didn't disappoint me one bit!
The episode started of with the two main storylines this episode, also my two favourites. Simon going to a Bleeder's Den and Sebastian ironing and placing the hot iron on his hand.
Then, we move on to Alec, who wakes up to an empty bed, and sees that Magnus is troubled but he doesn't explain why. By the end of the episode he does and we learn a little bit more about his past and everything. It was cute, but it wasn't the main thing in the episode. Still, it was nice to have a little bit of Malec in it.
We move on to the Institute, where Izzy sees Clary who's trying to reach Simon, to which Izzy tells her that she can love two people at the same time, which reminded me a lot of The Vampire Diaries.
On the note of Simon, he wakes up with a hungover and in a bloody shirt. Clary then arrives at the boat house to try and explain everything but Simon breaks up with her because she doesn't love him the way he loves her, which is true.
After that, a girl is found dead, drained of blood, and Simon's prints were found on her, so obviously everyone thinks he's the one that killed her. Because of that, he runs and goes for Raphael for help, but he tells him that he will only help him if he tells how she became a Daylighter, to which Simon says that he doesn't know and just goes somewhere else because Raphael didn't believe him.
He goes to the place where she was with that girl and then that Lady Cop that is working with Luke finds him and Simon is arrested. In the car, on the way to the police, that lady keeps talking about the murder and everything and that's when she says that she was drained from her feet, so that's when Simon realizes that he didn't kill her because he never liked feet. So then, he just gets out of the car and goes back to that Bleeder's Den.
Back to my favourite part, the Sebastian's storyline... Aline, Sebastian's cousin, arrives at the Institute and, as soon as Sebastian sees her, he looks uncomfortable. That's when we move to the next scene and we see that the man in Sebastian's closet is the real Sebastian, just like everyone predicted.
Moving to Simon's storyline once again so, he goes back to the Bleeder's Den and finds Quinn (the guy he was the past night) and sees him drinking from a girls feet, so he knows right away that it was Quinn who killed that girl. Quinn doesn't even try to deny it and so both start fighting. In the end, Simon stakes him through the heart and kills him.
And, again, back to the Sebastian storyline.
We see that the real Sebastian is able to get out of the closet and out of the apartment. He's about to get to Aline and Izzy but that's when the fake Sebastian gets to him and ends up really killing him.
In the very end, it was time to transfer Valentine to Idris. They get Magnus to help with the portal and that's when they're getting into it that I notice something is about to happen. Obviously Valentine gets to escape, this time, to a twist that I didn't see coming. Because of Sebastian.
Then, the episode ends with a grotesque being with no skin (fake Sebastian's true form) calling Valentine "father".
I can't say that this was a surprise for me because it wasn't. I always knew that 'Sebastian' was in fact Jonathan, Valetine's son and Clary's brother, but it was still pretty cool to see all of this happening.
To wrap everything up, I think this was a pretty decent episode. In fact, I think it was one of the best! It didn't have much action but it had two of my favourite storylines - Simon and Sebastian - and they didn't focus too much on Clary which was nice.
Also something that I noticed was a lot of The Vampire Diaries similarities, like when Izzy said to Clary that it was ok to love two people at the same time, and then when Raphael compelled that Lady Cop and the last scene when Sebastian says 'Hello, Father' just like Damon said to Stefan 'Hello, Brother' so, there's that.
Oh, and next week the episode is going to be the one Directed by Paul Wesley so, I'm pretty excited for that!
Ok, I think that's it.
I'm sorry if this is a little bit of a mess but it's been a few days without posting anything.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the episode and I'll see you in two weeks (because next week I'm on holidays) with new Shadowhunters and The Challenge rants!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment