Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 14 - "The Fair Folk"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry for being a little late with this post but the next episode only airs next monday which means I'm still on time. And since there's no more series on air right now, I think I'm fine.
So, this was a slow episode in my opinion. A lot happened, don't get me wrong, but there wasn't much action, although I must say that the photography and editing in this episode was really good so congrats on that.
But yeah, in terms of actual stuff that I happened, I need to talk about, first of all, the thing that everyone was really excited and curious about - the Seelie Queen.
I keep up with some channels on youtube that make reviews and talk about the series so I already knew that this was coming and I also knew that the Seelie Queen was going to be a 'child', I was just curious to see if she was going to be any good. Well, for me, she wasnt. I don't know, I think she needed more carisma, although by the end of the episode I was already pissed at her so, I guess she did a good job?! Maybe, but comparing her to Hope from The Originals, who is probably a lot younger than this girl, Hope aka Summer Fontana is so much better so, in my opinion, she wasn't good.
In terms of what happened in that place, it wasn't much, once again, in my opinion. Yes, Clary kissed Jace and Simon got really heartbroken but that was the only thing that mattered in this storyline and that was exactly what I felt, that they only did this for 1) show us the Seelie Queen and 2) to make Climon end and Clace come back.
Anyway, let's talk about something actually good. You know what's coming. Yes, Sebastian!
He wasn't like major in this episode, but he was back and that ending was quite something! Besides, there was that whole thing in the beginning with Jace playing the piano and both of them, Jace and Sebastian, talking about how Jace learned it and all and then, in the end, Sebastian playing piano as well because, you know, Valentine also taught him. Oh, and I can't forget about the 'triangle' between Sebastian, Izzy and Raphael. I should include Meliorn in this too, thought, but yeah, it was also something interesting, but not my favourite. I liked the fact that Raphael didn't 'want to' be with her because this leaves room for Sizzy, mostly because now Simon is sad/angry with Clary so, this is all going towards that, which leaves me happy.
And then, there's only left the 'main storyline' which was all that reunion with all the Downworlders and Alec to 'make piece' which was nice, mostly too see Alec in charge, but I feel like this just happened so all the other storylines could happen. I don't know, I feel really torn about this episode.
Let me know what you thought about this episode.
Well, and I guess that's it! I hope you liked and besides telling me your thoughts on the episode, also tell me your predictions for who is that person that Sebastian has locked up, because I have no clue (for once).
I'll see you next week with a new Shadowhunters rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment