Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 17 - "A Dark Reflection"


Spoiler Alert!

I got to watch the latest episode today, yay! Which means, new rant for you guys!
Once again, this episode was a lot Sebastian/Jonathan centered, which got me even more excited than what I already was. I mean, I should be expecting this really. The season is ending and Sebastian (plus Valentine) is the main villain in this part B. Still, I got really excited about the whole storyline although, as usual, the Clary scenes are a little bit cringrey but Will Tudor makes up for Kat's lack of acting skills. I'm sorry if I keep pointing that out but sometimes (most of the time) it bothers me and I just need to talk about it. After all, this is my blog and my opinions about the episodes so, I guess I should mention that.
Anyway so, like I said, Sebastian centered episode with a lot of unexpected moments (which is new for Shadowhunters).
Valentine and Sebastian start with their plan. With two of the mortal instruments, it was obvious they would go and try to find the last one - The Mortal Mirror. The only thing that I didn't know was what this three objects together could do, but the episode answered my question and we find out that they want to raise the Angel Raziel so he can grant them a wish, which is obviously a world without Downworlders (at least, we know that's what Valentine wants).
We see both of them (Valentine and Sebastian) interact a lot. We also see the Sebastian/Jonathan's strugle between being 'good' or 'evil', since he both wants his dad and his sister to love him, and let's just say that Valentine wants him to be evil and Clary wants to save him.
Talking about Clary... Now knowing about Jonathan, of course her and Jace start a 'hunt' for him. They then learn that Jonathan and Valentine are probably working together, since the warlock that had the location for The Mortal Mirror was tortured and then killed himself, passing on the 'mark' to another warlock (which we later see that it's Dot). Finding about that, Jace obviously says that Jonathan is evil and he's working with Valentine. On the other hand, Clary knows that he's evil, but she still thinks that Valentine might be manipulating him and making him do stuff so she wants to save him.
While all of this is happening, Sebastian keeps pretending to be a good guy and pretends to help them with stuff in order to find The Mortal Mirror's location. That's also in that moment that Clary tells him about wanting to save her brother (without know that she's actually talking to him) and later, the most unexpected thing happens - Sebastian/Jonathan kisses Clary.
It was seriously messed up! I mean, I know about the books and I knew that he was kind of obsessed with her but it was really creepy! But, at the same time, all his internal struggle just makes my hear go weak. I really like some psychos that have a good side and, overall, are just confused and really messed up so, it was pretty obvioust that I was going to love Sebastian!
Anyway, back to The Mortal Mirror...
So, with Dot's help, Clary and Jace find out not only where it is, but also that it was Jocelyn who had it and who hide it.
After know it's location, they go after it but, of course, Sebastian isn't dumb and he tracked Clary and found them with The Mortal Mirror in their hands.
Since we're in this topic, can I just mention the disappointment that that Mortal Mirror was? I mean, I don't know how it should look in the books or how you guys imagined it but, first, I imagined it a full lenght mirror but, since they showed that it was hidden in a statue, I figured that it had to be a small mirror, but that?! That is so small and so not appealing! I mean, have you seen the other Mortal Instruments?! Both the sword and the cup are a lot more appealing and look like they have something special about it, but that mirror? It was probably the biggest downside of the episode.
Well, back to the episode so, they are able to get away with the mirror and they hide it somewhere else (I guess). I can't really remember if we see them hiding it because then happens that Clary vision and I don't know. Also, I still don't get those visions so, let's see what happens in terms of that.
Meanwhile all of this is happening, some other stuff also happens with the Downworlders, like Magnus and Luke finding out about the Clave not having the Mortal Sword and Magnus being really sad/mad at Alec, which left me really sad.
Also, some stuff is going on between Simon and Maia, which I'm not really cool with. I mean, I don't hate it but I just want Sizzy to happen. We got a little bit of Sizzy in this episode though, with Simon helping Izzy with Max's training.
Oh, and talking about Max, I bet you all already heard this by now but everyone is suspecting that Max is the one to die in the season finale because, yes there's going to be a main character death in the finale and I guess that's what happens in the books so everyone thinks that Max is going to die. That, and because he is really sneaky and he basically found out in the end of this episode that Sebastian is really Jonathan so, I don't really know what Sebastian could do to him.
To be honest, I don't think they're going to kill Max's character. To me, the one to die is going to be Maia. She has become a 'kind of' main character in this season, she has a lot of storylines lately, they're setting her up with Simon now and, because I really want this to happen, if she dies, Simon can finally be with Izzy because, let's be real, Simon has been with almost every girl in that cast apart from Izzy so, it's time we get some Sizzy! Also, Alisha wasn't in the San Diego Comic Con so, that might mean something.
Anyway, I guess that's pretty much it for me!
I'm really liking this part B from this season! It might be because of Sebastian/Will Tudor but what can I do? He brings something to the show so... Congrats to him!
Well, let me know your thoughts about this episode and predictions for the next episodes as well as for the season finale. Who do you think is going to die? Let me know everything!
Until next week with a new Shadowhunters rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment