Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Supernatural | Season 13 Episode 15 - "A Most Holy Man"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
So, like I promised, here I am with the latest Supernatural rant.
Unfortunately, this time, I don't have that many good things to say. Of course the episodes are always good but, this time, I don't know... I feel like it was a little boring. Overall, I didn't like the style of the episode and, to be honest, maybe I had my hopes real high and that was what made me not like the episode that much. You know I told you last week that I thought the quest for the ingredients was going to be nice but... This one disappointed me.
Right in the beginning we learn that Castiel is looking for one of the ingredients, which meant no Cass, then the other ingredient they needed Lucifer and they still didn't know where he is so, also no Lucifer and I don't know if they mentioned the third ingredient but, the last one, which was the blood of a most holy man was the only one that they got a lead on. They realized that it was the blood of a saint so they started digging.
Through a black market dealer named Margaret Astor, the Winchesters are directed to a man named Richard Greenstreet who says has a saint's blood. The thing is, he only gives him the blood if they get something for him - the skull of Saint Peter, which has recently been stolen from a monastery in Malta by a man working for Seattle's mob boss Santino Scarpatti. You see where this is going, right?
I have to say that this episode was really all 'Dean Style' but I didn't really enjoy it, unfortunatelly. 
Anyway, they go after that skull and that's when Santino Scarpatti gets to them, saying that, because his man was killed and someone stole the skull, that he would give them good money to buy the blood in exchange for them to find and give him the skull.
After that, things get way out of hand when the brothers meet Father Lucca Camilleri, a priest from Malta who was also looking for the skull but for altruistic reasons.
Sam being the good guy that he his, he decides to help Lucca and that's when the Winchesters find that Margares Astor had murdered the thief to auction the skull off to everyone interested. Sam joins the auction but things go wrong, again, and a massive shooting starts, killing Margaret, Scarpatti and their henchmen.
During the fight, Lucca saves Dean's life and the Winchesters learn that Greenstreet lied about having the saint's blood. 
After that, Greenstreet is arrested and Lucca goes home with the skull. But, just before he leaves, Sam learns that he's an apostolic protonotary supernumery, which then Lucca basicaly says that he was declared "a most holy man". It wa pretty clear, halfway the episode that they just needed the man's blood and, in the end, that's exactly what they do - ask the man for a bit of his blood, which he gives to them.
And well, I guess that's pretty much it.
Overall, like I said, not my favourite episode but I assure you, I'm really stoked for the next one! Because it's the Scooby-Doo episode so I really can't wait! Unfortunatelly, the show is going on hiatus again and just gets back in two weeks so... We're gonna have wait.
Until then, let me know your thoughts and predictions!
Love,
Daniela.


2 comments:

  1. hey. do you happen to know the slow, eerie piano theme that was playing everytime it's Richard Greenstreet scene? i've tried googling it but i just cant find the music. thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heya. I'm sorry, I don't know either...I tried to find it but couldn't :\ It's probably some royalty free music, I suppose. I'm sorry, once again

      Delete