Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 15 - "Doppleganger"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Prepare yourself - this is going to be a long post - because I just had so many mixed feelings about the episode.
As you can see by the banner, Roy was back for this episode, which was so damn exciting! They have been talking about having Colton Haynes back for so long that it finally happened and it was actually a pretty clever way to bring in back. However, I feel like this episode wasn't the best. Don't get me wrong, we had major things in the episode but, at the same time, we also had some really predictable ones and, I don't know if it was just me, but the beggining of the episode was really boring... I don't know so let's just get into it.
The episode actually begins with the last scene from last episode - Black Siren appearing and claiming to be Laurel, who had been kidnapped and kept locked up for two years. Of course this is all a cover up because she is, in fact, Black Siren.
I actually saw a theory on an arrow group saying that she had amnesia and that she really believed she was Laurel, which would be way more interesting, in my opinion, but no, they went with the cover up story - boring, but effective.
After that, Oliver learns that, because Cayden James is dead, they can't use Rene anymore as a witness so Oliver's lawyer believe they will drop all charges and they won't have a case. Turns out, they have another witness - Roy Harper.
While looking for him, Felicity comes across some information and they find out that Ricardo Diaz is the one behind everything, also finding about all the SCPD officers that are corrupted and are working for Diaz. Because of that, Oliver puts Quentin and Dinah working together to find who is turst worthy and who's not.
Meanwhile, they do find where they are keeping Roy and so they go rescue him, with this also bringing back Thea as Speedy, which was also nice. They actually can't rescue him the first time, and the second time they are 'played'. The third time they find out through Laurel aka Black Siren where Ricardo Diaz is keeping Roy and obviously this was part of Diaz plan but they take the chance anyway and actually, in that moment, Dinah offers to help Oliver but he refuses, saying if she doesn't trust him, he doesn't trust her either, which I don't know, I might be seeing things but I think this lets her a bit 'shook' and this might be the step that they needed to bring both teams back together again. I don't know, but let's see.
Oliver and John eventually take on Ricardo and his minions, who escape, but they do manage to rescue Roy.
I should also mention that, because of all of this, Oliver actually suggests to Thea that, after they get Roy back, that she should go with him. This isn't much of a surprise really, since everyone have been saying that Thea will leave and to be honest, everyone saw this coming. With Roy back, this would be the perfect oportunity to have her go away so... Yeah, not much of a surprise really.
Anyway, in the end, Roy and Thea spend an evening together, where they are observed by a woman from the League of Assassin's so... I don't know. This was a surprise but, if I'm being completely honest with you, I don't think we will see more of this storyline in this season. I mean, this could be the way she leaves but, it just looks like they are mixing a lot of things so that's why I doubt it. But, to be honest, I kind of got it wrong in my last post when I said they would only touch on Diaz storyline on episode 18 or something so, we could see more of this League storyline.
Oh, just one last thing before I end, we also found out in this episode that Anatoly isn't in the Bratva anymore, which was actually surprising. I know, not that important but I thought I should mention.
So, let me know your thoughts on this episode and I'll see you later with a new Supernatural rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment