Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Shadowhunters | Season 3 Episode 2 - "The Powers That Be"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys and here it is the second rant of the day!
This time I have some good things for you.
That's right, this week's episode of Shadowhunters was way better than the previous one! Seriously, so much better! This episode focused a lot more on just a few storylines, which I pointed out that there were too many in the first episode, so this time the few stories made it better and overall the feel of this episode was pretty different than all the other seasons. I feel like this episode was a lot more light and funny. Shadowhunters should do this more often!
The episode focused mainly on Magnus and Alec, which I appreciated. Also, with that, I could see a lot of improvement from Matthew Daddario! Not that he was a bad actor, but in this episode he was really great and he deserves a round of applause for everything that he did in the episode. Magnus aka Harry was also amazing, but he always is so I thought I didn't need to point that out.
While there was this happening between Magnus and Alec, like all the things with Lorenzo, we also moved a little forward with the Lilith storyline. Not a lot, but this was nice, just a tiny bit, to keep us guessing. It's true that I wish we knew just a little bit more about her and her plans but that's fine, I'm ok with it.
We also saw some more of Clace, when they went out on a date that didn't go that well after they meet with Simon and Maia at the restaurant. This also brought up the fact that Jace and Maia slept with each other in the previous season, which was something that us fans have been wondering about for quite some time.
Truth be told, I don't know what else to say about this episode. I just know I really enjoyed it! That ending was quite something and it just made me love Malec even more! I hope we get to see them more often. Oh, and I was almost forgetting, Magnus also mention Asmodeus and the fact that he's his father, which was also something that I've seen some fans talk about.
Well, I guess that's pretty much it. I don't know what else to say so I'll leave it up to you.
Let me know all your thoughts on the episode and if there's more things you want me to talk about in the next rant just let me know.
I'll see you Friday with new Supernatural and Arrow rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment