Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 16 - "The Thanatos Guild"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
So, like I said, here I am with a new Arrow rant!
Also, yes, I'm starting off with a pretty similar overall look on this episode as from the one I had on the Supernatural episode. I feel like this episode was also a filler. While the Supernatural episode was mainly done just for the crossover, I feel like this episode was just done to say goodbye to Willa, which it was actually.
Still, it pains me to say this but I feel like this episode was better than the Supernatural one, mainly because this one had some storyline development - the Dinah/Curtis part of the episode which, surprisingly, I really liked.
In the past episodes Dinah and all the NTA have been pissing me off but I'm really happy with them in this one. I'm just going to get this out of the way because, althought this one of my favourite things about this episode, there was so little of it. Basically Dinah, with Curtis' help, finally noticed that the Head of the Police is working for Diaz. Thank god because that way they are closer to 'distroy' Diaz, which is always good. From that storyline, that was basically it so, let's move to the main part of the episode.
Basically Nyssa comes to Star City for Thea, claiming that a splinter group from the League of Assassins, lead by a woman named Athena, are coming for her because of a map that only Malcolm knew about and where it was.
Thea decides to help her but just to find the map and then she leaves with Roy.
Obviously it doesn't end there. They do find the map, but it's inside some type of locked box and that's when Felicity comes in action.
Something else that I really enjoyed in this episode was all the girl power. Not only because of Thea and Nyssa, but also Felicity who helped a lot in this one (she always does, but still). And let's not forget about Dinah that was doing something else.
Anyway, soon enough Thea decides to go even further with this, which doesn't make Roy that happy.
At the same time, there's a really cute moment between Thea and Oliver that really cleared things up and which is going to cause some 'trouble' for the next episode, between Oliver and Diggle. Well, basically in this conversation, Oliver tells Thea that he likes to be the Green Arrow and he doesn't want to give up on that, and that's going to cause trouble with Diggle because Diggle really wantes to be the Green Arrow as well so... Yeah...
So, they open the box and discover a blank map. Luckily, after a fight with Athena and her group, they find how to reveal the ink in the map and discover that it is the way to find another Lazarus pit, to which Nyssa is pretty set to go after it and destroy it.
In the end, Thea, Roy and Nyssa depart to destroy the Lazarus Pits and Oliver says goodbye to them.
It was a pretty good ending though, with Roy and Thea still together and this leaves room for them to return if they ever want to. As well as for another storyline. Heck, even to create a spin-off, even thought I don't think they'll do that.
As you can see, this was all just to say goobye to Thea aka Willa because she wanted to leave the show. I liked it, but once again, a bit pointless. Unfortunatelly, I feel like the next episode is going to be a bit of a filler as well with all that fight between Diggle and Oliver but, let's see.
In the meantime, let me know what you thought of this episode and I'll see you next week with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.



No comments:

Post a Comment