Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 16 - "Run, Iris, Run"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Here I am, like I said, with the brand new The Flash rant.
So, this episode was one that a lot of people were excited about because of the whole Iris being a speedster but, I gotta say - it disappointed me a bit...
Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of things that I liked about this episode but, the main focus of it, which was Iris, I think was pretty disappointing and, to be quite honest, it made me dislike her character even more. I'm sorry but that's my true opinion... Anyway, let's get into specifics and I'll talk through it.
The episode actually begins with them trying to find a way to stop DeVoe but soon it moves to the 'bad guy of the episode'. It all started with a metahuman with fire powers that was trying to rob Central City bank. That's when another metahuman (that we don't really know he's a meta but, because we knew what this episode was all about, we suspected) named Matthew Kim tries to stop the fire meta, touches him and he basically takes his powers and transfers them to someone else.
Obviously Team Flash go after Matthew to ask him a few questions and that's when Barry and Iris come into contact with him which results in Barry loosing his powers and Iris getting superspeed.
Right away there was something that bothered me - the way Barry looked. I mean, in the end (and I know I'm jumping a little ahead) Barry says that he wouldn't ever ask Iris to give up her powers but you just could see in his face that he was sad about it, and that just broke my heart. I know that's not exactly something bad about the episode but I just hate seeing Barry sad and I needed to point that out.
Anyway... In the meantime, Harry is planning to build is own thinking cap, just like DeVoe's, in order to outwit DeVoe. This also creates a lot of drama, mostly between Harry and Cisco, because the later doesn't like this plan. But, the truth is, the thinking cap is actually a pretty good idea and I really liked to see Harry come up with it. Harry have never been one of my favourite characters but I liked this and I can't wait to see where this goes.
Back to Barry and Iris... So, with their roles reversed, Iris becomes Central City's hero speedster, while Barry becomes the 'team leader', the one behing the computers. Well, this was another thing that bothered me... Since when Iris is the leader?! I mean, I know she became the leader when Barry went to the Speed Force but he's back now so... He should be the leader?! I don't know about you but I've never seen Iris as the leader to be honest... The show it's called 'The Flash' for a reason. Not hating on Iris or anything, I'm just saying, Barry is the leader because he's the Flash, and it's the Team Flash so... I don't know. I would like to know your opinions on that. Also, not something that I didn't like, more like something that we finally learn was that Iris is no longer a reporter. This was something that a lot of fans have been asking about and it was nice to have an answer. But this also raised some questions in my mind... So, Iris doesn't have a job, Barry doesn't have a job either so... Where do they get money from to pay their bills and stuff?! Just a thought...
Back to the storyline.
The new meta with the fire powers shows up demanding the same thing as the other guy - money. Once again, it had to be Iris to the rescue but she can't do a lot of things so, using Harry's thinking cap, they come up with an idea - create a tidal wave. And so, Iris manages to defeat the meta.
Back at STAR Labs, Matthew touches Iris and Barry again, restoring Flash's speed. They also let him know about DeVoe and his plans and kind of ask him for help, which he agrees to and, actually, seems happy about it. Let's just hope this is not some of DeVoe's plan.
I also wanted to point out another part of the episode that I quite enjoyed. Yes, Ralph. Ok, he was a little bit mean in the beginning, but in the end he basically appologized and he was cute. Besides, I don't know if it was just me or he looked pretty fine in this episode?! I don't know, I just think he looked better than in the previous episodes (not that he looked bad in the other ones, there was just something about him in this one). Once again, hope he doesn't turn on Team Flash because if he did, I would be devastaded! I love his character!
And yeah, to finish it of, back at home, Iris admits that while she did enjoy having superspeed, Central City needs the light Barry is, which was super cute! Then, in the very end, we see Harry using the thinking cap and finding the last two bus metas' names - Janet Petty and Edwin Gauss.
Unfortunately we will have to wait about a month for the new episode, which sucks...
In the mean time, let me know your predictions and don't forget to let me know your thoughts on Iris being the leader. I would love to know what you think.
Well, I'll see you proabably next week because there's no new Arrow or Supernatural episodes this week so... See ya!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment